ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup On Corner Weights

172 cup
Just thought id post these pics up of my cup on the corner weight pads at work ;) ....... It was 1002kg with no spare wheel in and 8th of a tank of fuel :) .... i was impressed with the weight distribution , it was nearly a perfect 50/50

2013-09-14120039_zps31a8bbe5.jpg

2013-09-14120126_zps071a8a51.jpg

2013-09-14120114_zps317ecd41.jpg

Range Rover Sport
How does it work?

Setting up a car via corner weighing and how do they determine adding a driver?

Looks nice!

172 cup
yeh i was surprised with how light it was ,,,,, i put a stock honda itr dc2 on and that was 1100kg with no spare wheel and no fuel init haha

172 cup
How does it work?

Setting up a car via corner weighing and how do they determine adding a driver?

Looks nice!

basically you need adjustable suspension and you add the weight of the driver to the car before you adjust the suspension to get a perfect 50/50 weight distribution

Lionel Richie
imagine carrying all your shopping on 1 arm, silly idea right? same idea with corner weighting basically, you "balance" the car so all 4 corners get their fair share (its a bit more complicated than that, but that'll do!)

Range Rover Sport
basically you need adjustable suspension and you add the weight of the driver to the car before you adjust the suspension to get a perfect 50/50 weight distribution

I'm going to sound really dim here but does that make much more difference than an 'average' tracking ( track focused )?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
This is why my front left wheel always used to lock way before the right one in my 172 Cup?

Makes sense, throw in 75kg for a driver and there's serious righthand side bias!

172 cup
This is why my front left wheel always used to lock way before the right one in my 172 Cup?

Makes sense, throw in 75kg for a driver and there's serious righthand side bias!

its always gonna be heavier on the drivers side the weight distribution is measure cross axle eg front left wheel to rear right wheel

182cup & 172 racecar
imagine carrying all your shopping on 1 arm, silly idea right? same idea with corner weighting basically, you "balance" the car so all 4 corners get their fair share (its a bit more complicated than that, but that'll do!)

And can take hours to do, eh Fred ;)