ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup Options

Read an article from Autocar re the Clio Cup, suggesting options such as recaros, roll cage and chip upgrades are available from Renault UK. Have anybody actually heard of these ? I am writing from Sydney Australia, where I have just ordered my 05 Clio Cup in Arctic Blue.

It was all speculation. I have the same article. The Recaro seats have recently been added as an option though.

Is it a slightly different car over there then? Im guessing you get the full car with Cup packs, and its called a Cup? Over here there is a separate Cup model with less gadgets (read things that break, snap, leak) and it isnt available in Arctic.

The Aussy spec car gets the works including split fold rear seat, xenon lights, climate control a/c and 6 speaker stereo and leather / alcantara r-sport seats. Its rated at 7.1 secs 0-100kph, and weighs 1090kg ... Still a formiddable little rocket, albeit a bit fatter than the UK model . I am going to do the inlet and exhaust and chip it and make it go a little harder.

Have driven the car and it truly sounds and goes like a missile ... like in that article it really has a reapy note and metallic/tappety type sound...

Cant wait, the car is arriving 2nd week of July !! they are likd rocking horse sh*t over here !!!

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

I have a 182 Cup with the cloth seats but wish I got it with the Recaros. Is it possible to buy and get the Recaros fitted by Renault?

Seem to remember a similar options list actually printed in the 172 Cup brochure when new! These never materialised!!

Weeman sucks ****

Quote: Originally posted by Munday on 27 May 2005
I have a 182 Cup with the cloth seats but wish I got it with the Recaros. Is it possible to buy and get the Recaros fitted by Renault?

Theyre not a great seat imo, not worth the money anyway. Id get buckets.