ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio cup or clio crap

since ordering my clio cup approx 4 weeks ago ive been on your website quite a bit trying to pick up tips etc. however, what im noticing are more and more stories of niggling probs with 172s. alot of these things seem to be minor faults that dealers just dont pick up on straight away. having had 4 years of my local peugeot dealer doing the same thing with making simple tasks difficult, i fancied a change. youve all got me sh*tted up that im gonna have probs (but probably much fun also) with the renault.
i reckon someone on the site ought to put together a list of common 172 (and other clios also) problems and the solutions to these, and then distrubute it to the renault dealers to save alot of time and mither.

cant wait to get my hands on the clio although im sure ill miss the pug when she goes.

pugboy

have to get a new name too!

the clios we sell have never had a problem with anything! and if there is a little niggly thing like the carpets smell, we either clean them or give you new ones.......But dont come running for carpets linton!!!

Pugboy I had the same dilema when I bought my 172. Having previously had 2 peugeots and endless hassle with the dealers being arses I was a little concerned. I have to say that I have not had any probs with the car in 18months and the dealer hasnt given me any cause for concern so far so stop worrying and go for it!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Agree with towser. You only hear about the problems - nobody posts to say my Clio has been faultless for the last 6 months or anything like that. Ive had 1 fault - airbag light coming on intermittently. The dealer knew exactly what the problem was and fixed it in an hour.

My 172 is jan 2001 and have had no problems until recently, when front drivers window decided to wind up and out at a strange angle, and the alarm transponder malfunctioned...all under warranty though, so not much hassle, and all fixed promptly...so pretty good service Ithink

GR7

Shiny red R32

Mine has only had two problems, one was the water leaking into the boot, caused by lack of sealant on the rear bumper. The other was the external temperature sensor, both of which were fixed by my nearest dealer with no problems and staff were very friendly too.

c-cup HELLO !!! THATS MY LANGUAGE.TALKING OF PROBLEMS ANY ONE HAD STICKING THROTTLE CABLES? NOT REALLY A BIG ISSUE AS THE KIND"?" DEALER TAKES PITY ON ME AND LETS ME THRASH(HIRE CAR LIKE) A SCENIC ALL DAY FOR NOTHING.