ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup Race Cars

Renaultsport Clio 182
I've just been looking on the Renaultsport website at the Clio Cup tech specs... http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/championships/cliocup/technical.htm

It quotes the cars 0-100mph time as 10.5secs? How do they manage to knock 7-8secs off the standard 0-100mph time of a 172/182? I mean the cars run a little more power and are fully stripped (it states 900kg without driver), though how does that alone make up so much time?

Interesting site as well. Really makes me want to drive a Clio Cup racer! :D

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
CupRacer.gif

:)

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
ben_p said:
sadiv s/box they top out at 115 iirc

They are geared to were they are racing Im sure that they exceed 115 at nearly all tracks in the British championship..

Especially Thruxton..! 140 i would say

They achive that 0-60 speed with one of the few different ratio gear boxes availiable.
Other boxes/ ratios are designed for other top speed/speed ranges.

MKIII 138
seen as top speed is now almost impossible in this country in fact going over 100 is rare would it be possible to install a Gbox from a cup race car into a standard cup, i mean 115-120mph i never exceed this, i just like corners and accelaration.
i bet fuel economy and noise i.e always high revs would be appaling though.

meggerman said:
seen as top speed is now almost impossible in this country in fact going over 100 is rare would it be possible to install a Gbox from a cup race car into a standard cup, i mean 115-120mph i never exceed this, i just like corners and accelaration.
i bet fuel economy and noise i.e always high revs would be appaling though.

You would be better changing the ratios in the standard box and you might as well fit an LSD while you are at it. I think from what I have read on here all that would cost around 2.5k!?

Isnt the sadev box about 6k?