ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup washed! (56k, catch a flight to Inverness)

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
P9050637.jpg

P9050638.jpg

P9050639.jpg

P9050640.jpg

P9050642.jpg

P9050643.jpg

P9050644.jpg

P9050645.jpg

P9050646.jpg

P9050647.jpg

P9050648.jpg

...and a bonus picture from the day I bought my Cup. My 1.2 Dynamique and and Cup together for the only time ;)

DSC00370.jpg

^^as above and the zorst needs sorting.

but that is one clean sonic, great results lad, love it :) such a great colour!

jamie

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Couldn't agree more with the lowering, my next mod once my next mod hassle-free insurance starts! Also, I fixed the exhaust right after I took these pics, the exhaust mount had perished, so put something in place for the moment that holds it up in place nicely (being a fat champagne cork =p ).

D

deadonkey

How long have you had the cup? Looks great. I bet it felt great going from a 1.2 to a 2.0 cup.
A move I dream to make lol

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
(being a fat champagne cork =p ).

it work well?

Yeah, aparently so. Has enough 'bounce' to not rattle about, and driven down to Glasgow and back, and is still sitting in place. I forced a thick peice of metal wire through the center of the cork, then wrapped it around itself underneath the mount to keep in 100% in place.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
How long have you had the cup? Looks great. I bet it felt great going from a 1.2 to a 2.0 cup.

I've had the Cup, coming on a year now. The upgrade wasn't really an option I dreamed of considering, as I was 20 at the time. Turns out the insurance was only £60 more a month, something which I could afford. The day I got it, I hadn't even sat in a Clio sport, let alone driven one. So other than talk on these forums, I had no idea what to expect (You guys are a convincing lot!). I Granny crawled to the nearest dual-carriageway, and floored it. I've never had a sh*t-eating grin like the one I had that afternoon. Even a year later, she still impresses me on every trip.

D

deadonkey

I've had the Cup, coming on a year now. The upgrade wasn't really an option I dreamed of considering, as I was 20 at the time. Turns out the insurance was only £60 more a month, something which I could afford. The day I got it, I hadn't even sat in a Clio sport, let alone driven one. So other than talk on these forums, I had no idea what to expect (You guys are a convincing lot!). I Granny crawled to the nearest dual-carriageway, and floored it. I've never had a sh*t-eating grin like the one I had that afternoon. Even a year later, she still impresses me on every trip.

I keep meaning to phone my insurance company (Churchill) for a quote. Im 21 now. well more or less 22 (end of August). 3 years NCB.

Think I'd prefer a FF with all the toys tho. A cup might be a bit raw for me lol

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII

I keep meaning to phone my insurance company (Churchill) for a quote. Im 21 now. well more or less 22 (end of August). 3 years NCB.

Think I'd prefer a FF with all the toys tho. A cup might be a bit raw for me lol

With 3 years no claims, you should be laughing. I had none, and still have none, and mine is cheap (Direct Line). Luckily, I'm a month aaway from being insured to drive any car I want (through my Dad's business insurance), so I won't ever need to worry about insurance quotes again, nor modifications to the car.

I understand what you're saying about buying the FF over the Cup, but my plans were to eventually replace the seats, and fit with a roll-cage. So the leather interior wasn't an attractive feature for me. I was also able to sell the Turinis, at a price that bought me a K-tek K2 exhaust, and a Pipercross Viper Induction Kit, which was nice. At the end of the day, any verison of the Sport will please you. Which brings me to my question, have you driven one?

D

deadonkey

I have only ever driven 3 cars in my driving history.

No.1 1989 1.3 Metro ( on private land )
No.2 2001 1.5 DCi Clio (Driving Instructors car)
No.3 2002 1.2 16v Clio Dynamique (Mine) has 101k on the clock lol!

So no, ive never driven anything faster than my current car. I think my car is fairly nippy, its certainly the fastest out of those three.
A local dealer has a Mint Cup in I seen last week but its rather overpriced at £7500 2003 with 24000 on the clock.
Ive seen 3 in dealerships when they were available new, ive never even sat in one. although I have sat in a V6 again in a showroom.

white stripes with white wheels looks spot on imo . sort the bits others have mentioned and it would be perfect

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
looking good. im almost certain theres aguy off the RS6 forum that stays there. houses look similar