ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup

Ok so the RS focus was sold, didnt do too bad on it 7k miles and 2 shot front tyres £19300.

Just picked up a cup from camden milton Keynes, with 1200 miles on the clock at £11.3k

Seems very good, economy is un fin belivceable. ave 35mpg where the rs focus would be 15mpg.

Ok its not a focus, doesnt have the same beautiful turnin, brakes and power!! but still very good.

Bar one problem the clutch is slipping !!!! and renault cant do anything till the 22nd.

Immediately im brought back to earth with a bump, you pays your money ....etc etc

cheap cars !! but any way has anyone else had a similar problem on a clio cup.

...sounds daft but are you sure your foot is off the pedal properly? biting point is very high on some cars.

dont dis the cup, some would say rattly or cheap but i say its just character.

pugboy

Havent heard of clutch slipping before, the biting point is high as pugboy says.

Its also better than a RS Focus. Ahem.

-Rob

high bite - thats all I can suggest, not had any probs with mine, aside from the leaks.

and 11.3 k was a little pricey, but I guess yoiu didnt have to wait or anything.

/y0z

Ad

MK2 FRS

11.3k is not that pricey form dealer. Its the cheapest one ive heard off off a renault dealer. Not everyone wants to buy private. Take it is a 52reg.

im also getting a knocking from the front left. Have it booked into renault for tuesday.

After this sats. track day at bruntingthorpe. Anyone coming along?

and 11.3k for the car is not bad for 1 month old. But need air con.

and whoever said the 172 was better than the RS focus??. Apart from the fuel economy...no the RS is alot quicker, and can brake harder, turnin is chrisper etc. Trust me i did 7,000 miles in one, and 2 track days :devilish:

day to day the clio is a better buy for the money and economy.

oh and foot off the clutch?

erm yes this slip happens after some serious gear changing (3rd to 4th) and its happened to other drivers in the car

track day fun, clio lived up to expectations by powerslides at 80mph.....this seems the best way to get the bugger round at speed. Drifting nicely.

went through front left tyre by midday and managed to find another tyre at wilsons in leicester 3 miles from the circuit. Only £74 which is pretty good compared to £160 per RS tyre.

So back on the track, kept s2000 at bay easy. But the carrera 4 996 proved too fast for even my skilled driving (erhum)!! very good though at Hethel on the 2nd of august if anyone wants to see a clio be beaten up within an inch of his life.

all welcome as passengers must bring own helmet.

On the clutch front yes it still slips, and now renault say nothing is wrong after 3 days of testing - isnt renault west london sh*te for service. wont go there again

a group of us who go racing are be-mused by EVOs status of the RS focus. Its like a grown up R5 GT turbo.

.....it is superior to the clio but then its nearly 10k more.

Trust me an RS is worth a look, if the front end grip doesnt amaze you then the sheer stopping power of the brakes will.

then the fuel consumption will wack u in the back.

Clio cup has still not had anyone fix the clutch, off to Hethel this saturday with bookatrack to rag the arse off it.

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 29 July 2003

so does 9500 sound to expensive for a cup? 02 plate with 4500 mls
Really makes me laugh the price mark 1 owners ask for their cars! If a 02 Cup is 9500 why are 3 year old mark 1s going for 8000-8500! Dont make sense to me! They should be worth about 6 k if a 02 Cup is 9500...

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Because the mk1s arent Cups they are full featured with all the leather and toys, and they are entitled to ask for whatever they feel their car is worth.

If nobody wants to pay that then they can either wait a bit longer or lower the price.

LOL KDF they have half leather and air con thats it m8 no other toys. I aint talking about the features tho im talking about age, condition, mileage and warrenty. Just puzzels me why mark 1s still pull such a big price for their age, lets hope when Renault stop making the mark 2 172 and Cup it goes the same way (think it will going by the look of the new clio and the time it will take them to release a 172 version):D