ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cups beats Focus RS!

S2000

Then youve got a dud mate!!

Cougar - 22/23 secs to 100

Cooper - 20/21 secs to 100

172 - 16/17 secs to 100

No contest!

Quote: Originally posted by weyland on 17 September 2002

Hi, I agree with all comments about my porsche being out of context here, but if youll read the rapids ones comments, I was just replying to someone who was suggesting porche turbos were not much faster than a focus rs.

Also, talk about the kettle calling the pot black!......You all talk about my porsche turbo being a supercar cause of its speed/price, well stop going on so much about the focus rs then, as it costs 8 grand more than the sport 172 and most of you on this forum can only dream about owning it.

Bye Bye

heh no mate not all, just me....."stop goin on about the RS"? why - thats what this topic is about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
didnt see "cup vs porker" did u?

yeah - dreams.......if only i could own an rs......sh*t mate, stop chuckin ur toys out and pick up ur handbag

Ray

Ben m8 theres only 60-70 here in the uk and doesnt a standard carrera have inly 300Bhp?. Yes I know a Turbo is quicker but ill still rather have the GT3 or Ferrari F355 :).

Chun.

Woah..everyone take a chill pill, no need for all this negative karma man.

While the C172 is undoubtly an excellent motor, IMHO it is increasingly becoming less special when it comes to performance. With the likes of the FocusRS, CupraR, the forthcoming Golf R32 and Alfa 147GTAs the Clio has lost its crown as the top hothatch. The hothatch arena has now moved on to a new level which is a good thing as I cant see myself driving the 172 forever, thats the price of progress for you. The Clio is an exceptional car but eventually it will be a case of out with the old and in with the new.

I reckon the new Renault Sport Megane 2.0 16V Turbo will be the new 172 until a new hot version of the next gen clio is released!

heh just a bit of harmless fun lol

yeah theres 2 new meganes or something - the coupe, which is the 2.0 turbo, and then that montrosity that looks like a smaller version of the vel satis.

wonder if they wil make the coupe turbo? now theres a monstor car.

Ray

hehe

Yeah I did 1916v......... Essex Boy and Builder and 1 step down on the evolutionary ladder, come to mind.The rest of you guys are cool though and what a great site.Least most of you dont resort to swearing because you dont have the cells to formulate a coherent argument.

he just a bit of harmless fun lol

Well, most 911s make 320bhp, except fot eh turbo with 420 and the GT2 with 460bhp......

boxter S has 290hbp......

GT3 has 360 bhp.....100bhp/ltr

its a great car!!! yes, mega fun....

but i would much rather have teh 993 GT2........now thats a porsche!

The 993 is definitely the best looking of the various incarnations of the 911. I recently saw the new 911 to be released next year and it looks like Porsche have gone back to their traditional design and done away with the 996 nose to go to something similar to the 993.

coherant eh? (thats alot of sylables there mate - u sure u know what the word means?) and surely a coherant argument would consist of not telling ppl to stop goin on about the very subject the topic was started on? cmon matey - hold together a coherant argument ;)

hmmm incoherant possibly? :devilish:

Ray