ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**CLIO CUPS IN DEMAND!!!!**

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by 172hero on 16 September 2004

...need to spend a bit of money on suspension coz they handle like crap. come out of a corner and feel sea sick...
Leaning and body roll in a corner doesnt mean it has crap handling...its called feedback, engineered into its set-up, and means the limit is a plateau that you can play on rather than a knife adge thatll bite you before you know it.

Snotter's

i think cups look awesome,id love one.some people need to calm down on here,im sick of w*ankers wi there smart answers,just drive the car and enjoy

172 cup TT

"look mate i have a cup for weekends and track use. they look rubbish" - haha, nob

"but it doesnt cost much to get them over 200 bhp" - haha nob (much? a good couple of grand!)

"they are only good for killing on a track" - haha nob

"need to spend a bit of money on suspension coz they handle like crap" - haha nob

"come out of a corner and feel sea sick. sorted now tho" - haha nob

look mate i have a cup for weekends and track use. they look rubbish but it doesnt cost much to get them over 200 bhp. they are only good for killing on a track. need to spend a bit of money on suspension coz they handle like crap. come out of a corner and feel sea sick. sorted now tho
no offence but you are talking out of your ass

Who youcalling a nob?Ya fat w**k,Well seen you dont state what car you drive,Probally a banger yo knob
post pictures of your weekend use only cup, or should i say nova

It doesnt cost much to get them over 200 bhp.
Its not cheap for a real 200hp.

I can see someone getting banned soon though should we place our bets now?

look boys and girls. a couple of grand might be a lot of money to yous but it aint to me. as for being a knob, thats you opinion. i,ve had my cup for 7 month. as some dick said about the body roll being feed back, thats what i would expect out of a bloody stock fiesta or ibiza not a so called hot hatch. you dont see or feel no super car rolling about on a track do ya. but as i said previously a few quid and you can get the handling so so.obviously from the way yous all talk you think this car is the daddy. must be the first car with a semi bit of power yous have drove. the only decent clio is the v6 one. bet you use the car every day aswell. SAD!!!!

look boys and girls. a couple of grand might be a lot of money to yous but it aint to me. as for being a knob, thats you opinion. i,ve had my cup for 7 month. as some dick said about the body roll being feed back, thats what i would expect out of a bloody stock fiesta or ibiza not a so called hot hatch. you dont see or feel no super car rolling about on a track do ya. but as i said previously a few quid and you can get the handling so so.obviously from the way yous all talk you think this car is the daddy. must be the first car with a semi bit of power yous have drove. the only decent clio is the v6 one. bet you use the car every day aswell. SAD!!!!
LMAO, you say you own a cup, yet you dont rate at all, why the f**k have you still got it then.

GUESSING THIS IS YOUR SECOND ACCOUNT, AND ON A BIT OF A WIND UP, OR YOUR JUST PLAIN STUPID

TURKEY

Snotter's

people who av money dont need to shout about it ! i thort cars were meant to be used everyday anyway but thats just me,i reckon u need to get laid hero u p***y

i got one coz its something cheap that i can kill on a track. doesnt cost too much to get over 200 bhpeither. but if you had read my last posts you would have realised that, turkey boy. by the way your patter stinks

i got one coz its something cheap that i can kill on a track. doesnt cost too much to get over 200 bhpeither. but if you had read my last posts you would have realised that, turkey boy. by the way your patter stinks

YEH YEH, your getting boring now, come back when you have the car/money to back up your mouth

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

The Clio Cup is an affordable (or reasonably so) hot hatch. Its not designed (or priced) to be the new Lamborghini Murcielago equivalent...if thats what you want, then dont let us stop you going out there and buying one! ;)

The people here have a common interest...the Clio or one of its many variants, most people cannot afford supercars (or theyd be classed as mainstream), and at this moment in time this is the nearest that some people will get to performance (due to age/income/insurance, etc.,).

If you feel that your car is THAT bad, then get rid of it...We all appreciate that the car has some niggles, but the smiles per pound ratio is far higher in the Clios than in many of the other hatches out there.

172hero, I would quote a phrase from the bible..."go forth and multiply"...Im not religious, but it beats what Im sure other people on here could be tempted to say.

donnyo- you have a point. maybe went about things kinda the wrong way. but you have to admit yous dont half bum them up to be something that they are not

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

donnyo- you have a point. maybe went about things kinda the wrong way. but you have to admit yous dont half bum them up to be something that they are not
How on Earth can you say you went about things the wrong way, and then continue with a statement like that? I think you may be better inclined to go onto another forum where people care about what you are trying to say!!!

pictures of your weekend car would be nice, then we will accept your criticsim of your own car, but im guessing you either have a cup that has some sort of problem and needs to go back to renault to be checked out, or you dont have one at all.

donnyo sums it all up really, if your not happy then sell it.

I can see 172heros point of view but he prob. hasnt expressed it very well !

Im one of the Selling my Cup brigade only due to the fact that ive always driven elises which are (watching my tongue) IMHO a better car all round - bar practicality.

But coming on here saying its rubbish is always going to provoke a reaction. Its a decent hot hatch - if not the best but a lot of people seem to get thier backs up when its weak points are highlighted. Its a good car but its not the bread and butter. Plenty if poke to embarass some exotica tho on the right roads.

(Hello or should I say goodbye to the red Z3M in Derby !)

Cant someone delete this whole thread, its a bit off-putting to newcomers to the forum. Maybe ill sell my clio, buy a clapped out nova and talk on their forum, cos this thread portrays a lower intelligence and fouler language.

Mr.B

172, Tiguan

Maybe when 172hero gets out of nappies hell be able to put some more constructive posts together on this forum.

i use my cup every day how does that make me SAD!! as 4 the v6 being the only decent clio if your that loaded why didnt you get one of them instead???

Ive heard of people going from cup to v6 and wishing they had kept thier cup. When the novelty of the looks wears off and you are putting fuel in every 2 minutes the economy of a cup even when being driven hard is a real winner

Snotter's

However good or bad the cup may be (im my opinion awesome) u dont come on a clio site and take the piss.every1 here must like there clios if they dont then there pretty sad saying sh*t bout them

bet you use the car every day aswell. SAD!!!!
I use mine everyday, (the car I saved up for a while to buy) I must be a total loser:(!

172+hero=c**k monkey

oooooooooh this thread is getting out of hand!!!!!

I have a cup it handles like a dream, its economical, you get looks left right and centre being in it... and I LOVE IT!!!!

I WOULDNT HAVE BOUGHT IT IF NOT... Guess some people are never satisfied. lol

I have a clio cup - was no sure what 2 expect when i first got it - butbut I am impressed more and more every day. It is quality car, and you will not find a car this side of £20,000 that is more fun. It was never my first choice but am so glad i bought it. abs is not a problem, you just have to drive properly instead of relyin on computer aids. In the wet you just slow down - which is a good thing. That is my view - please feel free to sl*g this reply off at any time! And i was going to get a civic type r, have test drove 3 examples and must say it may be slightly faster after 100mph but it does not handle as well and is not as much fun.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

i think the reason there are a few cups for sale on here at the moment is down to the fact a lot of people (me included) get bored with a car after a while and fancy a change. in fact a car is not unlike a woman. great when u first have them then the novalty factor wears off, then u want a different one.