ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio DCI Dynamique problems

i have an 02 clio dci dynamique with 43k on and its started playing silly buggers. i had it serviced not so long ago but i've had a problem with it.

when i start the car, sometimes it just has nothing there, sometimes it has a little go at turning over then cuts out, sometimes the immobiliser light flashes and once or twice it has started for a second then cut out.

does anybody have any ideas what this could be? i know not that many people will have or admit to having a diesel clio but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ta

No shame in owning a diesel Clio there shame in loosing in a race to one but we won't go there.

If the imobiliser light doens't go off i'd say its the imobiliser ring round the key goes in but unfortunalty with the Dci engine only Renault can do a proper investigation.

had a bit of a scare tonight. i played footy with a lad who said he had a similar fault on his dci and told me it was a "relay" problem. he said it cost about 800 quid to fix, does anybody have any experience with these and do they cost that much? i just dont fancy spending that money!!!

dutty_112 said:
idle valve? happened on mine
£800 to fix a relays stupid 955 of that would be labour in finding out which was wrong but They must be usless not to find it quicker.

No idle valver on the dci though all controlled by the ECU.