ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio dci fueling problem, will only run with easy start

Currently trying to get a 04 1.5dci clio to run/start, turns over but wont fire. Will run only with easy start been sprayed into the filter. As soon as you stop the engine dies. I've noticed alot of air bubbles in the fuel line. Mainly in coming off the line with the red connecter on the filter. (Think its a return to the tank?). I cant seem to bleed all the air out. Any ideas? Was thinking possible injector? ive let the diesel settle and doesnt seem to have any metal particals in etc.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
All dash lights going off?
crank sensor clean and connected?
Three little brown or black relays in the engine bay fuse box nice and clean on the spade contacts ?

Was it running beforehand in a good state ?

clio 172
if you continually try to start a car especially a diesel with easy start the con-rods will shrink and lower the compression and it will become harder and harder to start causing more and more damage was told this by a mechanic friend of mine who when he was in college actually measured the rods before and after to prove it you need to sort the fuel problem you could check to see if the injectors are blocked or a blockage else where also try the fuel solenoid as it may be faulty

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Conrods shrink? With easystart lol

it'll do damage with the amount of DET it caulses.

jumping straight to injectors is a no go, simple things first like the control sensors / voltages.
Having learnt my lesson owning one of these and going through every fault possible on them.
AlexW @GrahamS

Many.
Conrods shrinking is funny. Bending maybe if you force loads down its throat and hyrdo it, but you'd have to pour it in.

Where abouts are you? It needs plugging in to be sure its got fuel pressure.

Could be crank sensor, Diesels need so little to run on easystart, its hard to diagnose.

Also, HMS Derv Destroyer, My 80 runs bloody lovely on brake cleaner, doesn't even knock, until you stop spraying it lol.

Tbh, 9/10 (providing you have checked and you get cranking engine speed and 300bar fuel rail pressure) it's injectors. It seems you only have to fart near them and they break.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
true, had a new set last year, and already had to have one replaced. f**king Delphi s**t!
wish renault made them a bosch system instead of much cheapness.
AlexW , my old engine loved it! , if it wouldnt start , bit of brakecleaner and off it went until you turned it off lol.

our works run around xtype lives off it :eek:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Pump. Got exactly the same problem currently with the kangoo. Can't build enough pressure to start the engine. If you try 5 lots of 10s bursts the pressure gets enough to force a start. Just like with this easy start stuff.

lol at the rods. That tickled me.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
only way a rod would shrink would be cryo exposure.... i feel an experiment coming on.

anyway back on track, get the crank pressure veiwed on live data, only some diagnostics machines will view it ( delphi 150 / renault clip or the official delphi fuel system diagnostics machine to name a few )

im still holding to crank sensor on the off chance its one without the revised update

clio dci , ren8
Place your bets ,my money is on injectors as not only do the pumps shred up & take them out but the crystals that work them also give up . Leak off test would also give you a clue as to what is going on

All the lights go out on the dash when it's running. When not using easy start & just cranking normally, STOP & battery light stay on. The others flash but just as if the batteries draining. I swapped the little 3 brown relays with knows working. I think it's the fuel pump as when it is running. There's no visible moving diesel in the lines. As if the pump isn't pumping it through. It does not bump start.I bought it as spares or repairs for afew bits & pieces. N was just having a look over it see if it was anything simple before getting rid of it tbh.Although I couldn't see any particle in the diesel I suspect the pump has failed & destroyed a injector aswell.