ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio DCI injector seal replacement

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Hello all, I have a Clio DCI 1.5 2005, that needs 4 injector seals changing. I have looked around and been quoted around £400 for the job so I am very keen on saving some money and doing it myself. Look through videos and post but nothing really telling me how easy it is to do it yourself. Questions like, do the fuel line need bleeding or just using the hand primer pump or not at at. Thanks in advance

Volvo S60 T5
Should take around an hour, 4 new copper washers
Remove injectors, 17mm pipe nut/E socket to remove injector retainers/ leak off pipe and an electrical connector.
Keep injectors in order otherwise they will need to be re-coded, so No.1 injector stays with number 1 cylinder etc.
Remove old washers, clean up seats , fit new washers and refit all parts.
Prime up fuel system, job done.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Amazing, and regarding a injector puller, is that nessesary, and priming the fuel lines. Is that a few pumps on the primer until a visiable sign?

monaco 172
May be completely different on the Clio but I did this on a td5 landy and to prime all I had to do was ignition on and off a about 6 times to make the pump prime and then it started first time.

Injector puller wasn't needed, I just put an Allen key under them and levered them out gently.

Probably not much help on a Clio but I can't see if been anymore difficult

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Depending on how gunked up the surrounding area and the injector seat is it may take you more than an hour lol. I changed 2 injectors seals on my 2.2 cdti Civic last year and I was a couple of hours to do the 2 of them. Mind you, they were properly black with hardened oily deposits, and access is much easier on the Clio.

If you cant get any of the injectors out just loosen the clamp off and take the car a short drive up and down the road. It'll soon free up! You'll get a fairly big cloud of smoke and a massive loss of power too lol but it's easier than trying to pry them out and possibly damaging them if you don't have a puller. Remember diesel fuel systems run at VERY high pressures though and make sure you leave enough time for the pressure to drop before disconnecting any lines on the fuel rail after stopping the engine.

When priming back up, squeeze the little priming bulb a few times until it goes hard (giggity).

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Thank you so much for all the information it is all very helpful and I will defo dedicate a day to doing all as the injectors do have quite alot of hard black tar around them.

Volvo S60 T5
Spray a bit of Mr Muscle oven cleaner around the injectors at the bottom and leave for an hour or so if they are stuck in.
Make sure you clean it all up afterwards.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I only changed one on mine, as only one was leaking so didn't see the point in disturbing anything else as it was on 140k, it was pretty bad with that black tar like stuff after months of leaking with the previous owner, I expected a nightmare but the injector pulled out no problem, and I'm sure the washer was 20p, took 10 mins

Clio MK2 1.5dci 65hp
Depending on how gunked up the surrounding area and the injector seat is it may take you more than an hour lol. I changed 2 injectors seals on my 2.2 cdti Civic last year and I was a couple of hours to do the 2 of them. Mind you, they were properly black with hardened oily deposits, and access is much easier on the Clio.

If you cant get any of the injectors out just loosen the clamp off and take the car a short drive up and down the road. It'll soon free up! You'll get a fairly big cloud of smoke and a massive loss of power too lol but it's easier than trying to pry them out and possibly damaging them if you don't have a puller. Remember diesel fuel systems run at VERY high pressures though and make sure you leave enough time for the pressure to drop before disconnecting any lines on the fuel rail after stopping the engine.

When priming back up, squeeze the little priming bulb a few times until it goes hard (giggity).
What size is the puller for these injectours? M14?
Is that worth buying http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Diesel-In...909254?hash=item3f2ae9dd46:g:qeoAAOSw14xWF3ZL