ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio dci not starting :<

Clio DCi 65
Ive been having probs lately wit my clio dci!

Usually it starts fine but sumtimes...

I wait for the immobiliser light to go out,

Then if i try turnin the ignition on so the car starts it sort of judders forward if i put it into first.

Its like somethings not catching on?

Anyone got an ideas??

Clio DCi 65
Yeh sum1 sed that it might have sumin to do wit the glow plugs,

Whats the diesel filter all about?

...Is it costly ? :( !!

M

mini-valver

No, just like an air filter but in the fuel system. Halfords job......

TDC sensor most likly.

You'd know if its fuel filter as the engine goes smooky and looses power also there good for more than enough mile.s
Have you tried ensuring there no air in the fuel system ie pump the lottle hand pump near the fuel filter?

Clio DCi 65
edde said:
TDC sensor most likly.

You'd know if its fuel filter as the engine goes smooky and looses power also there good for more than enough mile.s
Have you tried ensuring there no air in the fuel system ie pump the lottle hand pump near the fuel filter?

Ive pumped it a couple of times but its just weird!!

I aint got a clue at alll about it!!

Its a 53plate so i dont see why it should be playing up already! :(

mini-valver said:
No, just like an air filter but in the fuel system. Halfords job......
Halfords don't sell the dci one are you getting mixed up with the low pressure fuel filter which is in the tank but even then Halfords don't sell that.

There two filters on the dci the one in the tank which is good for 150k and the engine one which is good for well who know mines on 22k without being chnaged and as I said you know if its going.

£35 for high pressure filter from Renault it should be chnaged as part of the 18k services.

Clio DCi 65
edde said:
Halfords don't sell the dci one are you getting mixed up with the low pressure fuel filter which is in the tank but even then Halfords don't sell that.

There two filters on the dci the one in the tank which is good for 150k and the engine one which is good for well who know mines on 22k without being chnaged and as I said you know if its going.

£35 for high pressure filter from Renault it should be chnaged as part of the 18k services.

I bought the clio with 50 on the clock June 2nd day after id passed,

Its now on 63!! Was it due a service 9k ago then?!!!

:(

DamoWales said:
I bought the clio with 50 on the clock June 2nd day after id passed,

Its now on 63!! Was it due a service 9k ago then?!!!

:(
Check the service book should be done ever 18k or 2 years whatevers sooner but depends when it was serviced might have been done at 48k and 2 years etc.

M

mini-valver

Does it start atall? On my 1.6 petrol if i tried to turn it over without delaying it while my ignition was on it would turn over for a few seconds but not start but if i left the ignition lights on for a second then tried to turn it over nothing would happen. it was the immobiliser, dunno if yours has the same symptons as you havent explained vary well.
to check the tdc sensor, pull it out and rub a magnet over it and try it, sometimes works as a quick fix......

Clio DCi 65
Kk,

Il get my dad to check it for me tomorrow!!

I want a dif car (fast) but i drive sooooo much and its sooooo good on fuel it sorta evens it out!

Clio DCi 65
mini-valver said:
Does it start atall? On my 1.6 petrol if i tried to turn it over without delaying it while my ignition was on it would turn over for a few seconds but not start but if i left the ignition lights on for a second then tried to turn it over nothing would happen. it was the immobiliser, dunno if yours has the same symptons as you havent explained vary well.
to check the tdc sensor, pull it out and rub a magnet over it and try it, sometimes works as a quick fix......

Yeh it starts quite often bt then sometimes it will be an absolute biatch!!

Sometimes a picture of a spring lights up and then a Red engine with Stop in it flashes!!

If that helps any more?

WTF is a tdc sensor lol?

M

mini-valver

DamoWales said:
Yeh it starts quite often bt then sometimes it will be an absolute biatch!!

Sometimes a picture of a spring lights up and then a Red engine with Stop in it flashes!!

If that helps any more?

WTF is a tdc sensor lol?
First one is engine management IIRC and the second is coolant. Check theres water in the expansion bottle, if there is let the engine run for a bit at tickover with the lid off.

Are you giving the glow plugs enough time to warm before trying to start it?

Evening all. I'm having the exact same problem. Its an 03 plate 1.5dci 80hp. The same two lights come one, flash for a bit then go off, then I have to turn the ignition off again and then back on and usually it starts after a few minutes of doing this on and off.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
get a diag check done but first thoughts are tdc sensor. Once started is it fine after that ie does it ever cut out? Heater plugs are not a major issue anymore on direct injection commen rail engines. they are there more on an emission reducing basis rather than starting. you would probably find even if every heater plug went down it would still start.

get a diag check done but first thoughts are tdc sensor. Once started is it fine after that ie does it ever cut out? Heater plugs are not a major issue anymore on direct injection commen rail engines. they are there more on an emission reducing basis rather than starting. you would probably find even if every heater plug went down it would still start.

Cheers, its always fine once started, never dies on me or anything like that. Its just getting it started that a problem.

Whats the role of the TDC Sensor, and if it is that, whats it likely to cost to change etc?

Many thanks

Cheers, its always fine once started, never dies on me or anything like that. Its just getting it started that a problem.

Whats the role of the TDC Sensor, and if it is that, whats it likely to cost to change etc?

Many thanks

TDc sensor tells the EUC where the engine is relitive wise.

There a common failure. £30 I think easy to chnage though.

Clio DCi 65
Ignition Relay my problem was mate,

Cost about 86£ at my local renualt after they ran some test thing,

Part costs about 15£ .. Ignition Relay

Thats sorted my car and since then ive had no problems...About 12k hassle free!

clio dci80
got exactly same problem with dci80 03 plate.
Was really bad until i got it serviced, had plugs, fliters all changed etc.
Still does it now an then. SUCKS!
Where is the TDC?
I have noticed air in one of the fuel lines, think its the one that goes back to the tank, not sure.

Could this be happening cause ive had it remapped?

got exactly same problem with dci80 03 plate.
Was really bad until i got it serviced, had plugs, fliters all changed etc.
Still does it now an then. SUCKS!
Where is the TDC?
I have noticed air in one of the fuel lines, think its the one that goes back to the tank, not sure.

Could this be happening cause ive had it remapped?
Err the dci doesn't run plugs so not sure what they changed there.

Drop me a message I don't get to come on much if your still havinbg to problem

Eddeuk yahoo.co.ouk just rememvber to put to @ in

E92 330
i had the same problem, sent thousands, had injectors replaced, engine re built. All i needed was a new key!! :S try your spare key.

i also found that putting the key in turning once, leave it there for 2 mins, then turn to start would also start it up. Try it before forking out!!