ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio dci total electrical power failuire ish

transit van, ph2 172
just been out to a mates car turn the ign on and everything flashes dash light,interior light relays click like mad etc,try and start car and it just clicks, its just as if the battery terminals are loose or somthing, checked all relay conection,battery conections,fuses conections etc, battery tested good, earth piont to body good, if you bump start the car it runs fine, also if you leave ign on for a while it settles and everything stops flashing but put any load on battery ie try start it or put lights on it goes back to everything flashing, strange 1 anyone got any ideas?

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
always worth trying a new battery, even though you said the current one tested ok

transit van, ph2 172
ye think thats the plan for the morning you never know mate, fingers crossed hey, let you all know how it goes

172 Cup
My girlfriends car had thi sand we got stranded in the middle of nowhere and had to hitchhike 11 miles. Turned out to be dead battery! :)

www.renparts.co.uk
so be more specific. you turn the key to position 2 and what do you get, you try and start the ignition and what happens? if the problem is everything jumping etc when you have the starter going it might be the earth strap going from the gearbox area to the chassis.

transit van, ph2 172
right ok ign on position number two, all dash lights, interior light,uch all flash click etc, try and start it position 3 everything still flashes and starter motor clicks as if not enough power to turn, turn ign off then on again everything flashing clicking leave like this for 1min power stablizies and all lights stay on as they should, if i bump start the car it will run and all is ok, if i didnt bump start the car i put headlights on for example to load the system everything will flash again inc the headlamps,
all ready tried the jump lead trick, next step i got a load of main relays and im off to see if this sorts it, im sure its a relay,power delivery(conection) or ignition switch but saying that if i go to the car it tries to unlock with the plip but fails to so as if power loss or earth but my earth is defo ok,

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
mine did a similar thing the other week. it turned out to be a wire that is supposed to be earthed from were the fuses are in the engine bay wasnt connected up right put that on it it fired straight up .

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i dont know if all dci's have this though think it mite be something the ''derv doctor'' did but i had the same symptoms and thats what sorted it for me . let me know how you go on and if your stuck ill go out and get a pic for you to see what i mean .

transit van, ph2 172
cool thanks mate i take its the one near the battery that bolts to the strut top if so thats in place,
looking just now it seems the flashing business stops when i disconect the heater plug relay so i think there must be a short to earth through that, which drains all power from the battery, the lad has taken the new battery off so ill go put a new battery on it in the morning and see if it will start, as i only had jump leads of my car and it would turn over for a second before it stoped itself

transit van, ph2 172
sorted changed the heater timer relay and battery all power seemed to be fine now car runs well no problems, thanks to everyone for your help