ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Dci Turbo Falier Suspected help please

CLIO DCI 100BHP
Long story had car into garage for repairs as it was loosing power in 3rd 4th and 5th gear.Car was returned with new fuel boost sensor and a Map sensor.
This as i found out on holiday trip had not worked as still had the same problem allthough it was lot better in 3rd gear.
So on way to work heard a noise like a pipe blowing sudden loss off power no boost at all.At the time i was watching the fuel consumption on the trip computer went from 50mpg right up to over 78 mpg.
No smoke was seen just sudden loss off boost was only few hundered yards from work so crawled in lifted bonnet.Loud whistling noise was heard but could see no leaking pipes.Noticed the electrical connection on top of the airbox off.
Garage are saying suspected turbo faliure am not happy i dont see how its turbo when no signs of impending faliure where seen prior to this happening.
Also the fuel consumption was very erratic on holiday going from high 60's to low 40's i was beggining to suspect the EGR valve but car was starting ok and ticking over too was same even after the noise was heard.
Any thoughts would be appreciated please.

CLIO DCI 100BHP
He says he has checked the pipes etc he just got back to me said the bearings have gone and that it was a recon turbo fitted to the car before.
Not happy though as place i bought it from was a supposed friend another long story but i suspect that they knew the car was on the way out because said that the service history had been lost due to a house move by the previous owner who happened to be his neice.
Quoted £500 for the recon turbo fitted which seems quite fair.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Key secret with turbos is let the engine idle for 10 - 15 seconds before you knock the engine off as this allows oil to circulate through the turbo internals and withdraw any heat from the bearings. When starting from cold also let the engine idle for around 30 seconds before you drive off. You will double the life of your turbo using this method.

PM sent

CLIO DCI 100BHP
Key secret with turbos is let the engine idle for 10 - 15 seconds before you knock the engine off as this allows oil to circulate through the turbo internals and withdraw any heat from the bearings. When starting from cold also let the engine idle for around 30 seconds before you drive off. You will double the life of your turbo using this method.

PM sent
Thanks Matt i did idle before i knocked the engine off but not before i set off will do that in future think someone should have told the previous owner.

CLIO DCI 100BHP
Now Fixed eventually found it was the turbo now running as it should must have been problem all along.
Thanks for the help on here.:D

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
was it not pouring smoke out the back ? normally the case when the turbo has gone.. i know mine did !