ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio dci80 with a tunit - what setting?

Hello,

I'm new to cliosport but thought it'd be the best place to come to ask a question about tuning diesels. I've had a "tunit" fitted to mine now for a couple of months and am pleased but was wondering if anyone else has one and if so what setting they use? I had mine laptop tuned which brought the power levels in a little sooner than the 2k revs and its currently on setting 6 (out of 9). I also have a replecement element filter from Green.

Let me know if you have any thoughts or experience with these boxes.

Thanks!

Corsa 1.3 CDTI
Sounds like this unit just overfuels but don't uprate boost pressure, this means more soot out exhaust :(

Tunit advertise heavily in WhatDiesel Car magazine and the like. They're much the same as any other tuning box you can buy, giving 25% extra torque and BHP etc. I got a 2nd hand one for a fraction of the price of a new one but either it's not performing as well or I have got used to the extra power...probably the latter!
It isn't astonishing but the delivery is a lot smoother and it revs higher - and i now get 65-70mpg!!

I'm new to cliosport but thought it'd be the best place to come to ask a question about tuning diesels. I've had a "tunit" fitted to mine now for a couple of months and am pleased but was wondering if anyone else has one and if so what setting they use? I had mine laptop tuned which brought the power levels in a little sooner than the 2k revs and its currently on setting 6 (out of 9). I also have a replecement element filter from Green.

Just use the setting your happy with.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Indeed, if you don't get problems on 9 then it'd be rude not to.

When I had a tuning box for the Clio (Dragon Performance I think) it had 3 settings and the guy said, put it on the first, let the ECU get used to it, then move it up and repeat.

In my head I was laughing, then told him to put it on the most fierce setting so I could test drive.

I went out for a spin, thought it was rubbish (was going for a 0-100 but there was traffic on the industrial estate;) so I settled for a 0-60 which came in at just under 10).

Went back, and he said try it out for a few days if you want as there's a 30 day money back scheme. So I did just that, had to chase them a bit for the money in the end and wouldn't recommend them at all.

I have had a guy at a Fiat dealer try to sell me a Tunit box, but they're all the same in my opinion, they don't touch the boost which is ideally what you DO want to play with on any turbo.

Yeah, all very true and I'm not totally satisfied with it but it is better. The fuel consumption is much better tho so I'll stick with it for now, maybe sell it on and go for a remap later on. Thing is I guess there's only so much you can expect to get out of a 1.5 diesel, eh!

That's what I'd heard actually. I know K-tec do a remap which fiddles with the boost but it's already pretty high on the 1.5 units. I'll have to make do with what I've got, it's nippy enough!