ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio drivers window not working no power

Hello have a clio 1.2 with all 172 bits on it since I have got the car the drivers side window doesn't work there is no noise at all from the regulator or relays , I know the regulator is fine as I have powered it up on a battery so I know it works . Have tested all the wiring within the door and no breaks in the wires also have changed the switch and still no luck . Is there a relay just to power the drivers side window or anything else someone would think it would be would be great at a loose end now

Audi (R)S2, 1.6 16v
Driver's side runs through the UCH (under the glovebox), so there are quite a few wires going to and from the switch. The UCH controls one-touch, hence why it's done that way. The UCH has the relay on it that provides power to the window regulator, so it's not really user serviceable, as the relay is mounted on a PCB rather than the old skool 1" cube efforts that used to suffice.

If it is the UCH, then they can be repaired in some cases or you will have to get a replacement. They are coded to the car but the coding chip can be swapped over, as I've done, or a new one can be coded to you key fob(s).

If you can find out the version number of your UCH then you can try and find one to swap it with permanently, although for windows, you might be able to try any similar UCH and see if it works.

If it's a V5, then PM me, as I have a spare that may be useful for fault-finding, if you're in the SW.

It's worth opening up the UCH and seeing if there are any visible signs of water damage or burned out PCB tracks.

phase 1 172
you cant just swap a uch from another vehicle they are coded to the ecu and key so the lot needs changing unless you go new or repair yours

Audi (R)S2, 1.6 16v
As I stated above as well as saying that you can use a spare UCH to test the window function.

You can swap the relay out for a working unit from another UCH, or just swap the coding chip over on a UCH of the same version, as I did 2 months ago and it works perfectly. If you're handy with a heat gun and soldering iron, it's well worth looking in to, as it's a lot cheaper than any other option...