ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Dymanique

thinking of trading my car in for a Dymanique 1.6 16V

does anyone have any idea what they perform like at all?

they are bloody quick for a 1.6. Aint the price not that far off what a cup is? Might be worth the extra (if insurance aint the main reason for the 1.6)

Ive got one. The book price is just over £9000

They are quite quick 110bhp and I have had a time 0-60 run in 8.8 sec with an AP-22 nearly a second off what was quoted!

Ive got one too. they are quick. Not sure about them been quick for a 1.6 16v(think vts, pug gti) but they are quick.

Vtrs are no problem neither are 1.6 fiestas. Beats the slower end golf gts.

Im impressed with the 8.8 run, ive just got to get mine timed.

Like the guy said though if insurance isnt a factor get a cup or 172 for that little bit more. Look around before buying. can easily be found sub 9000 and the importers normally carry stock of these at a descent discount which isnt found as much as with 1.4 or 1.2s.

If insurance is an issue last time i looked it was group 10 which in my opinion is too high. The 206 1.6 16v which book times are quicker then mine is only group 7 as is the vtr. Heard on here though its meant to be coming down to group 7.

Look at the 1.4 though. Think its only group 4 which represents value in my opinion and i think there performance is good too inline with the rest of the range

thanks for the help you guys

i have fell in love with the look of the dymanique and now the performance also sounds fab too,

thanks again

Andy

PS: was looking on the autotrader website yesterday and saw a 1.2 16V Dymanique 51 registered for sale for £4500 ono with only 21000 miles on clock, that must be a bargain?

That is a bargain! Not good for me though, that means mine is worth nothing too!

To be honest i dont see sense in buying a 1.4 or 1.6. Performance gains arent immense enough to cover running and inital cost. In a recent magazine (i think autocar) the new clio won the best second hand small hatch award, the 1.2 16v being the pick of the bunch. It was described to have startling performance for such a small engine. If i wanted a warm hatch i would get a VTR or something before getting a 172, the 1.6 isnt a warm hatch, its more of a quick supermini. No offence to any 1.6 owners, its just what i think.

-Rob

Ive just got a new 1.6 16v dynamique, and the are much less than a cup. List price 1.6 - £9895, Cup - £12995, which is more than 3 grand difference! performance is bloody quick - but it prob seems that 2 me cos its my first car. Still recommend it tho - its in grp 8E insurance, but most ins companies consider it low risk - so it costs less 4 ur insurance

I changed from a 1.2 to a 1.6 and the only difference I notice is the performance, My insurance went up about £100 for the year and I pay £20 a month more for the finance. Im telling you there is alot of difference between the 1.2 and 1.6 and (Not to start an arguement!) they can easily take a VTR!

I went for the 1.6 because I wanted to ave acceleration when I needed it. Also I wanted the extras like the cd player ac and sunroof etc. That is why I did not consider the 1.2.

I like my car and it does not cost a alot more than my 1.2 did in running costs.

I did get 1.2 16V Clio Extreme as a courtesy car and I hated it and I noticed the performance difference.

I wanted a 172 but for insurance reasons the 1.6 16V dynamique was my choice. I am happy with it:D.

Robfenn wrote

"If i wanted a warm hatch i would get a VTR or something before getting a 172, the 1.6 isnt a warm hatch, its more of a quick supermini. No offence to any 1.6 owners, its just what i think."

Robfenn so am i right in thinking you think the vtr is a warm hatch and that the 1.6 16v is just quick.

If they had a race i know which car id fancy and that would be the "quick supermini"

Personally id describe 172/vts as hot hatches and 1.6 16v/vtrs as warm hatches.

Vtr stats and and 1.6 16v stats are very similair and from real world experience id say the the 1.6 16v has the edge

Raptor,Ive got 1.6 dynamique 02. Boy is it quick and has great torque.

Only prob ive had is dam sunroofblind that wont roll back and rattles beyond belief!

Suspensions not to bad but im going to lower mine poss using Eibach spring -15/20mm?? on standard wheels. Im sure it will improve.

Go on mate,go for it. Great looks,power and VFM.

Quote: Originally posted by 1.6 16v on 25 April 2003

Robfenn wrote

"If i wanted a warm hatch i would get a VTR or something before getting a 172, the 1.6 isnt a warm hatch, its more of a quick supermini. No offence to any 1.6 owners, its just what i think."

Robfenn so am i right in thinking you think the vtr is a warm hatch and that the 1.6 16v is just quick.

If they had a race i know which car id fancy and that would be the "quick supermini"

Personally id describe 172/vts as hot hatches and 1.6 16v/vtrs as warm hatches.

Vtr stats and and 1.6 16v stats are very similair and from real world experience id say the the 1.6 16v has the edge

Im sure that the clio would have a VTR in a straight line, it has more power and torque so its not suprisisng, but the VTR has more sporting intentions whereas the Clio is meant to be a comfortable drive. No doubt a Clio could get somewhere just as fast as the VTR but i think youd have more fun in the Saxo doing it, which for me, is what its all about. Not that ill ever get a Saxo, ill twiddle my thumbs until i can afford a Cup.

-Rob

Ok robfenn. Fair enougth comment.

Soapsuds take the blind of it rattles so much. The windows tinted and in the cars with the popup sunroof they dont get the blind anyway. the light shouldnt bother you. if it does tint the window yourself. would be pretty easy to do and wouldnt have to be perfect

from what i remember of driving a saxo (about 2 years ago) I would say the Clio would murder a saxo on twisty stuff. Far too skittish on bends and didnt give me the same amount of confidence I have with the Clio.

Anyone else driven both that can give a comparison?