ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio electrics F.A.O auto electricians

2005 Impreza WRX STI

my mates speedo wasnt working, or water temp, and fuel gauge was sat right at the top even with ignition off.....

i took dash out and played arounfd with connectors and put it all bk together. It all worked until he drove off and flickered then went off! all the warning lights work now,water temp but not the speedo!:mad: The fuel gauge warning light is constantly on now tto even with ignition off! arrrrgrh! no haynes for it so cant do much, any any suggestions/ideas or had similar faults?

2005 Impreza WRX STI

thats what i was dreading, but it wasnt doing it b4, just since i put it bk 2 gether? water temp working still so i fixed that?lol

Da

Less

sounds like something is trapped and shorting down to earth? Only way to tell is to take it all apart again tho im afraid and have a butchers around. Are any fuses blowing??

Volvo S60 T5

Renos suffer with instrument panel failures which is normally an internal fault.

This could be either a panel fault or wiring fault.

What model clio is it?

2005 Impreza WRX STI

not sure on model mate TBH never looked. its a 1.2 thing lol has airbag but electrics no cd player ghey interior lol i think it may just be the panel actually. how much are these anyone no? can u get hold of them mike? they aint got a rev counter either just fuel speedo and water temp

2005 Impreza WRX STI

it has 1.2 on both side strips and no stickers with names on? tyhe lad said it was JUST a 1.2. even when insurance details came up on internet he said there was an option of 1.2 no model name??

Polo + Micra

nope never had any thing like that.

my guess is duff dials but you would still have to check the wiring

2005 Impreza WRX STI

ye, ideally need to do a swap with another known working one!b4 forkin out for a new one! will see if any lads on camp have same set