ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Engine Transplant

Im going to transplant an engine into my clio 1.4rt phase 3.

i recently put a 2.0l 16v into a nova which was a piece of piss really, plus i found a good online guide.

I cant find anything on doing a clio transplant.

anyway, if i wanted to put in the 1.8 16v, what would i need to know or do, and has anyone got any decent advice?

Would the loom need changing?

Driveshafts? Fueling? keeping my power steering?

Thanks

Chris

Bmw M4 & Clio 16v

all you need to do is buy the clio16v engine and gearbox and then the engine wiring loom. with engine mounts about £450, then just drop the whole lot in!! easy only take about 4 hours!

anyone know much about the standard clio imobiliser?

this has proven a pain in the past to me, it buggered up and cost me a fair bit at the renault garage, is their any way i can take this out?

it will fit on the standard mounts right?

also power steering, can i keep this?

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Have a word on Retro-Renault.com about the immobiliser, they always seem to be wripping out old alarm systems on their project cars.

They also have a number of pics on engine fitting. Have a look through the project cars section.

You can keep the power steering, the 16v comes with it.

Make sure you change the obvious things before fitting the engine, cambelt, tensioner, idler pully and water pump.