ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio gone :(

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
After over 5 years and 70k+ miles my beloved phase 1 has gone :(

Both the wife and I were gutted to see it go but felt it was time to move on, plus really needed something just a little bigger.

So I went and bought this

Subaru.jpg

It's just a standard 2005 WRX in crystal grey.

Always wanted an Impreza, my folks have had a couple and I've always liked them.

I specifically wanted this year and colour so was happy to find one in great condition around the same time I was thinking about selling the Clio so it all worked out ok.

It doesn't really feel any quicker than the Clio, but it's bigger, quieter, and comfier. So if I get all that with the same performance I'm happy :)

Still got to get used to the power delivery coming from how relatively smooth the Clio was compared to this. Took a while getting used to the nothing, nothing, nothi....boooost and still catching me out.

MPG isn't too bad in it, first tank got over 31 after some leisurely cruising on the way back from picking it up, last couple were high 20s so it's bearable.

Plans are to just do the ppp on the cheap. The standard exhaust looks pap so want a single pipe, either a Prodrive or H+S box to keep the noise down.

Then it's just the intercooler pipe and an ecutek remap, should be good for 260ish bhp

Standard stereo lasted a week before sticking my old Pioneer in, got a din pocket from a Forester in there which looks good as it matches the silver dash trim.

I know the Impreza has many haters on here, but overall I'm very pleased with it, and nice to have more room and 4 doors for a change!

Need to get some more pictures done as only got the autotrader ones.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Not usually a fan of the WRX ironing board on the back, but in this colour it doesn't seem too bad.

As much as I'd like it off and stick a small lip spoiler on it's staying.

The STi spoiler just doesn't look right on a WRX, the wheels and bumpers etc just don't really go with it.

I'm not spending much on bits for this, I'll just wait and get an STi for that :)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Bought the Samco intercooler pipe kit today as well as a K+N filter as it's being services next week.

Will be getting a Hayward and Scott backbox and centre pipe when funds allow. They've said once fitted if I don't like the noise, if it's too loud, I can send it back for a refund :)