ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio gt HID kit

Clio gt 128
Im new to this forum stuff but im hoping to get some help with my clio.
Ive wanted to change my headlight bulbs into HID but from what i have read clio mk3 have an h1 low beam bulb which only has one pin for positive, where do you put the negative.
Also do i have to remove the bumper if so where are the clips?

Clio gt 128
IIRC H1's are earthed to the actual bulb holder, so only needs a positive wire.
My car isn't hid and need to fit a kit on which has two spades to connect to negative and positive. So your saying to stick the negative on the bulb holder but how and how do I get to the holder?

Just stick both spade connectors into connector on the back of the standard bulb. That's what I did in my projector lights on my 200 and it worked fine.

It's a bumper off job btw.

Clio gt 128
I got done for having them in my GT, shame because they weren't dazzling at all and best of all they looked great
Did they fine you and if they did how much also i dont really care if they do my sidelights are green wouldve thought i should have been pulled over by now.

Clio gt 128
Just stick both spade connectors into connector on the back of the standard bulb. That's what I did in my projector lights on my 200 and it worked fine.

It's a bumper off job btw.
How do you remove the bumper, do you know the locations of the clips or bolts?

Did they fine you and if they did how much also i dont really care if they do my sidelights are green wouldve thought i should have been pulled over by now.

Yep £60, the officer had seen my car on a number of occasions as he regularly patrols the area, but he through the book at me one night, for my lights and apparantly an illegal registration plate that clearly wasn't, the problem with hids is that there is quite a big grey area, when I got pulled (I say pulled he basically cut me up to get me to the side of the road) he took me in the back of the traffic car and gave me a sheet of paper explaining the rules of hids, but I noticed in fine print after I was sent on my way that it states that "the department for transports INTERPRETATION of the law" so I was unsure of what that actually meant does that mean that no one truly understands it as its open to interpretation

Bit of a ball ache really but just a word of warning, you might get away with yours absolutely fine, I might of just got a bad deal that night

Clio gt 128
Yep £60, the officer had seen my car on a number of occasions as he regularly patrols the area, but he through the book at me one night, for my lights and apparantly an illegal registration plate that clearly wasn't, the problem with hids is that there is quite a big grey area, when I got pulled (I say pulled he basically cut me up to get me to the side of the road) he took me in the back of the traffic car and gave me a sheet of paper explaining the rules of hids, but I noticed in fine print after I was sent on my way that it states that "the department for transports INTERPRETATION of the law" so I was unsure of what that actually meant does that mean that no one truly understands it as its open to interpretation

Bit of a ball ache really but just a word of warning, you might get away with yours absolutely fine, I might of just got a bad deal that night
Well Ive spoken to mechanics and a police and from what they have told me its not illegal to have HID as long as their in a projector housing also my lights right now should be illegal as their white.
My friend doesnt have projectors with white lights they spread really far so his is illegal. oh and with hids you have to get it checked that the beam is low enough to not blind oncoming traffic.