ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GT

Scirocco GT 2.0
Going to test drive a GT this evening :)

The dealer has offered me £8679 for mine which is damn good seen as I bought it for £9200 11 months ago!

Need to see whether it is worth taking the plunge or sticking with mine! Will report back ;)

182 Trophy (#27/500)
Sorry mate but in my opinion that looks rotten!! Good luck though.....sounds like a decent trade in price!!

be intersting to see what you think of it the trade in seems really good depends on the rest deal though

i dont think theirs many fans of it on cs yet ;)

Scirocco GT 2.0
Just driven it, quite nice tbh! Better handling than the ph1 with much, much less roll. Better brakes.

Iimproved entertainment system with bigger display.

This model had a "kick down" on the accelerator which leaves an inch of the pedal reserved unless you really push it. Quite quick although this one had no miles on, nice exhaust note, nice 197 steering wheel, nice seats (very nice in fact). New key design., bigger wing mirrors.

Overall pretty impressed, but me tinks it's not enough to shell out so i'm gonna sit tight and maybe sell for a 197 if a decent nearly new (or a couple of years old) one comes on the market (maybe there will be more with the 200 out?)m

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
^ you'll be waiting forever then..........

Sure the kick down isnt the override on the speedlimiter like on all FBW RS Clios?

Scirocco GT 2.0
^ you'll be waiting forever then..........

Sure the kick down isnt the override on the speedlimiter like on all FBW RS Clios?

Yeah it does have a speed limiter so maybe,

but when pushing it past the resistance it did seem quicker tbh

Didn't know they were out yet tbh! That seems a really good price for your car for a dealer to offer. Let us know how it goes :)

RS 172+
They boast 2-litre engines with 138 and 197bhp respectively, and while details of the all new engine range are scant, the 2-litre 163bhp unit from the old Megane GT would seem to fit the bill quite nicely.
Does this make sense or is it just me? Are there 3 versions? :eek:

Just driven it, quite nice tbh! Better handling than the ph1 with much, much less roll. Better brakes.

Improved entertainment system with bigger display.

This model had a "kick down" on the accelerator which leaves an inch of the pedal reserved unless you really push it. Quite quick although this one had no miles on, nice exhaust note, nice 197 steering wheel, nice seats (very nice in fact). New key design., bigger wing mirrors.

Overall pretty impressed, but me tinks it's not enough to shell out so I'm gonna sit tight and maybe sell for a 197 if a decent nearly new (or a couple of years old) one comes on the market (maybe there will be more with the 200 out?)m

did the steering feel sharper ?

nicely summed up makes alot of sense sadly

Yeah the steering is sharper and with less roll it makes it feel much better.

i did wondered if that was actually going to be noticeable seems like Renault have actually delivered what they claimed

but your be mad to buy one over a 200 or 197 ;)

Last edited:
Nice mini review but shameful with no pics ;)

i expect it looks identical to this one ;)
pinched from Mike Griffiths at renault sport ;)

P1050025.jpg

P1050026.jpg

P1050027.jpg

P1050028.jpg

P1050029.jpg

P1050030.jpg

BMW 320d M-Sport
Their ok imo,

Quite friendly with the service dept now as i've been in and out recently quite a bit with warranty work etc.

Lent me a new Megane Coupe too :)

I'm in shock! Every time I've been there they have been useless, don't even phone me back. They did do some warranty work for me which was OK, but even then it took ages to get them to do it. :nono: Did have a nice white 197 cup in there a while back however.

The wheels, seats and steering wheel look no bad, shame about the rest of the car.

So what engine is actually in these?

Scirocco GT 2.0
The wheels, seats and steering wheel look no bad, shame about the rest of the car.

So what engine is actually in these?

1.6, prob getting rid of the stock since temporarily phasing it out with the 1.2 TCE

No doubt they have been sitting in a field for over a year rubbing up against cows ;)

182 Trophy (216/500)
why can't Renault pull their fingers out and make a nice dash!! It still looks cheap, i would have hoped after the 172/182 they would have made the effort.

Scirocco GT 2.0
why can't Renault pull their fingers out and make a nice dash!! It still looks cheap, i would have hoped after the 172/182 they would have made the effort.

No where near as cheap as the Fiestas dash.

Fiestas dash, especially the previous model, is shocking!

And i'm a fussy interior person :eek:

seen one of these on display at knockhill yesterday, looks better in 3d than in pics, imo. had a quick sit in, and the seats are really nice, and comfy too......so comfy ive got a test drive this weekend.......

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nowt wrong with the dash? Must say that little flappy bit for the tom tom looks a bit ghey tbf