ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GTT MOT emissions

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Any one know the actual law for this?

I was told I would need the V5 from the GTT to prove to the MOT examiner that the engine is from a pre 01/08/1992 car?

Got a possible donor car but no V5 as it was in a breakers yard.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Even if I dont know who the previous owner is - its not registered to the current owner.

Sounds fishy but the car is strait.

even if you dont know who the previous owner is - u apply for the V5 and they write to the last registered owner and ask if they still have the car or not

I think as long as the new engine number is entered on your log book its all ok. The emissions is done by the engine that goes into the car. Eg. you dont need a cat on a Clio gtt due to the engine coming from a pre 92 car. (as already mentioned.) Didnt know you needed the R5 V5, you just need to update the clio V5.

Not 100% on this.

Im glad you said that CorsaD was wondering about a cat and whether i needed one or not?

That cleared that up cheers fella hehe

Vix :)

300bhp MR2 Turbo

So I would have to declare to the DVLA that Ive had the conversion - this could result in the need for an SVA test though?

Then of course it would HAVE to be declared to insurance strait away as it would show on records.

(Before any one roasts me I was gonna get it done then shop around to find another insurance co as mine probably wont take to a mod like that)

It should all tie in with when my ncb comes up!

Ok another ques for you ppl...

I have the log book etc of an R5.

I have an engine which is not from the R5 so could i use the logbook from this car on the engine do you think? or is that a bit naughty and do the same as Matt?

Cheers

Vix - not sure that would work, i havnt done it myself yet but im not sure if you can use a v5 with the wrong engine as i think the engine number is on the logbook?

Im 100% sure on the cat though, as long as you have the gtt lump, the car is testing based on having a gtt engine therefore no cat needed.

It will all become clear when i go to do all this in a week or so, ive gotta tranfer a reg plate, register an engine change and update the logbook all at one time!! The mind boggles!

Dave

hehe daddys girl hey?? ;) I dont think i could justify saying to my dad turbo my clio...pretty please with sugar on top???

Naah definatly not gonna happen!

Theres too many people thinking about gtt conversions now! its not gonna be an elite group if so many people have them! Well all have to meet up down southers when theyr done.

Whens yours out vix?

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 28 May 2004

Any one know the actual law for this?

I was told I would need the V5 from the GTT to prove to the MOT examiner that the engine is from a pre 01/08/1992 car?

Got a possible donor car but no V5 as it was in a breakers yard.
i bought my car from a garage and they didnt have the last owner on the V5, but said its not always possible to get in contact with the owner so you can just sign it and leave their bit blank... i thought this sounded dodgy, but they said its surprising how many people dont know this. So I sent it off and about a week later I had all my new documents, no problems whatsoever. If you get the form, just fill it in and mail it off, you dont need the last owners signiture at all. Dont inform them of the conversion either, I dont think the DVLA are interested in what it is for, could be to go in a track day car for all they know.

Quote: Originally posted by CorsaD2003 on 28 May 2004

hehe daddys girl hey?? ;) I dont think i could justify saying to my dad turbo my clio...pretty please with sugar on top???

Naah definatly not gonna happen!

Theres too many people thinking about gtt conversions now! its not gonna be an elite group if so many people have them! Well all have to meet up down southers when theyr done.

Whens yours out vix?

oh most definately!! hehe! dont know what i would do without him hehe!!

Im quite lucky really cos my dad loves doing it hehe!

yeah i thought that so wasnt going to do it but come on dump valves lol!!

oh most definately!!

I am still aiming for end of July ready for Donny South it will be done! hehe

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Does any one know if you NEED the V5 for the GTT engine once its done?

Brun told me not too long ago he just had the MOT done with no questions asked?

This is what Im more interested in that if I can get the V5 or not!

Quote: Originally posted by powelly on 28 May 2004

oh most definately!! hehe! dont know what i would do without him hehe!!

Im quite lucky really cos my dad loves doing it hehe!

yeah i thought that so wasnt going to do it but come on dump valves lol!!

oh most definately!!

I am still aiming for end of July ready for Donny South it will be done! hehe

Ahh i see, my dads pretty into it aswell so helps me out where he can. What are parents for tho hey?! :D So who is doing your conversion?

Im not too worried about the clio gtt becoming popular...just means more competition about whose is quicker!

Dump valves?!? Wastegate chatter more like! Cant beat it. ;)

You wanna try get yours done for the Rtoc national day in mid july! thats gonne be one of the best shows this yr, although ill def be reprezenting at donny! :D

I went up North Wield a couple a weeks ago for the quarter mileing, so frustrating not having me car though! Cant wait to pull a < 14.5 quarter :devilish:

Dave

Cool hey hehe!! urm my dad lol!!

yeah very true :) makes it more interesting tho hehe!!

Nah i wanna get a dump valve :)

will probably be going but doubt my car will be ready but we will see :)

hehehe!!!

Quote: Originally posted by powelly on 28 May 2004

Cool hey hehe!! urm my dad lol!!

yeah very true :) makes it more interesting tho hehe!!

Nah i wanna get a dump valve :)

will probably be going but doubt my car will be ready but we will see :)

hehehe!!!

Oooh quality, your cutting costs then! Dump valves are good for a while for novelty value, i must admit im gonna run mine with one for a while but i dont particularly like them.

Somebodys got a surprise planned for National day then!

yeah exactly everything can then be spunked on the engine and the bodywork hehe!!

yeah i admit that just got to at teh moment and then i might get bored and change it but gonna start off with a baileys :)

well i dunno im hoping the car wil be ready but depends if anything decides to go wrong :( hopefully not!! hehe

Things always go wrong! My cam has been the part slowing down mine at the moment. Its a piper 285 and they reckon they are really busy at the moment because of the show season coming up. Fair enough though..just annoying.

Bollox to bodywork i cant be bothered with it, mine looks alright...nothing amazing but its a car thats being built to be driven, thats the way i look at it!

Its all about keeping it smooth and with plenty of power...Nicks being a prime example..which is probably why its my desktop background at the mo!!

Yeah i know but i have saved money for that just in case so no excuses not to get it done!!! LOL!!

i will do it hehe!!!

mines cool now anyway all sorted so im getting there!!!