ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio idles below 1000rpm and cuts out on full lock (VIDEO INSIDE)

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Forgot to mention aswell when my heaters are on ect some times when I dip the clutch it sounds like the heaters go quiet then make a noise again when taking foot off clutch

Clio 200 CUP
Well I have my new ht leads and coil pack to be fitted and see if its that for me I will let you know when I fit them if I have any joy

Thanks for getting back !

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Well don't think the HT Leads & Coil pack helped it dose not seem any different would the P.S Pump make it stall and cut out ??

Ah erm maybe because the ps pump uses power from the engine plus my power steering feels pretty heavy

Clio 200 CUP
Top of the gearbox against the block IIRC.

Do a quick search there's a thread somewhere with photos.
did not work for me after replacing it

Ah erm maybe because the ps pump uses power from the engine plus my power steering feels pretty heavy

I may do myn next just don't wont to pay all that and it not be that as I will need a new belt as well

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Were is the crank sensor? What would be best to clean it with?

As -J- says its at the top of the gearbox right up against the engine, generally cleaning doesnt help much IME, they normally need replacing if there is an issue.
There are two types, blue and black, you might have to make a wiring loom change as well depending on which type you have.

Clio 200 CUP
As -J- says its at the top of the gearbox right up against the engine, generally cleaning doesnt help much IME, they normally need replacing if there is an issue.
There are two types, blue and black, you might have to make a wiring loom change as well depending on which type you have.

I replaced mine and no joy would that make the car cut out on full lock ?? or just Idle better ?? :D

Clio 200 CUP
Yesterday day my power Steering got really heavy and I know that can happen when the pumps on its way out and it's been making the belt really squeaky as well don't know if anyone can help on that if that's got some thing to it cutting out ?

Yesterday day my power Steering got really heavy and I know that can happen when the pumps on its way out and it's been making the belt really squeaky as well don't know if anyone can help on that if that's got some thing to it cutting out ?

Mine cuts out at full lock on idle and I've got a cable throttle, I've put it down to the PAS pump as it has run low on oil at one point due to a bad leak.
I'll be getting a 2nd hand pump fitted when belts are done to see if it helps, as you've tried all the other suggestions it may be the next thing to try.

Regards Russ......

Clio 200 CUP
thanks foirthe update mate I not done any thing yet as I been a little busy but thanks for update please keep me updated thanks

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
No mate i dident my throttle bodie is very noisey going to upload a video would like someone to tell me if its normal if it aint it may be my problem!
th_20140424_184720_zpsdf9def9f.jpg

pritchard-13 did you get this sorted?

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Falt code 655381 throttle valve sensor falt in electrical circuit this is what the diagnostics machine said any idea what it meens or the prob is?

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Mine needed fiddling with the timing and a new speedo sensor, all good now.

glad you got it sorted mate any idea what thay falt could be on my ecu? I falt maybe my timmings wrong as the guy said his "friend" done the cambelt lol but was still stupid enough to buy

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Not sure mate, seems you tried the 'easy stuff'.

Think you will need to book it in with someone. Suggest S&MWM