ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio II 1.4 16V - Alternator belt throwing it self off

Clio II 1.2 16V
I've got myself a 1.4 Clio Alize a ciuple of week's ago, it been sat there untill I used all the fuel left in the old car, and untill I could get my man out to do the timing belt. Now before the belt was done the car was driven home only about 5 miles. And sat there for two week, like i said above. My man done me the belt. With the proper camshaft locking tool's, and he done a good job, engine fine fine, nice and quite. afte a 60 mile run, then a run the next day for fuel, bank etc the alt belt stared to break up. Lucky for me, I was a mile away from home. Since then I've put on a used belt just for now, untill my mate got the time ( AND I'VE GOT THE CASH ) to sort it proper, however after only a mile run, the belt stared again, since then this morn I ran it on the drive and, it's jumped one more rib ( Two now ). Now I've seen this is a very common problem with the K4J/K4M engine. Is there any common faults that I can look out for. ?

Here a pic of the first belt.

normal_DSC_0207.JPG

Not gone out yet for a pic of 2nd belt fitted but it's throwing itself off the othere way.

Clio II 1.2 16V
Te old belt was fitted to get me about till I get paid on thur's, Now even tho the second/old belt let go, I'm asking for known issue's with pully's etc, before I fit a new belt. BTW it had all new tensioners 70 mile ago, before the first belt top pic, let go. Something not right.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Pete, its going to be easier to get a new belt and I'll come over and hook you up matey ;)

Remember, your upper engine mount is shot to and if the engine is canting under load the outer edge of the belt may be getting fraid.

Mick