ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio import warranty

6 months ago i bought a 2nd hand 172 first reg oct 2001 it stated on garage car info it was a uk car. today when driving it i pulled up to pick someone up but when i went to change gear into first to pull away the gear lever was just loose flopping about but stuck in a high gear. renault were contacted and i was then told my car was an import and only has 1 year warranty. renault aa cover didnt have any record of my car either. does anyone have any idea of what problem is or were i stand with warranty. always thought it was a 3 year warranty even if it is an import.

i was looking at an import the other week brand new but when i asked about the warranty it was only 1year,so i opted to buy from a dealer,you get the standard 1 year with a reno dealer but if you have the car serviced with the dealer the warranty will go into 3 years.

if anyones a bit concerned about the import /warrenty problem, i got a full 3 year warrenty with my new 172 from motorprovider.co.uk, they sorted out all the paperwork, all i had to do was send a copy of various bits to themselves, 2 weeks later HEY presto 3 warrenty documentation from renault dropped on my mat!!

renault dont want to know cars only done 21000 m exhaust knackered 18000 m gear lever at 21000 well annoyed wont touch another renault.

yes you have to pay labour just checked on my 36000 service the total cost was £169,£74 labour booked under major service.

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by steve.adi on 21 November 2003

yes you have to pay labour just checked on my 36000 service the total cost was £169,£74 labour booked under major service.
Ofcourse you paid for labour, you had a service done not warranty work!!!

oops sorry:oops:,i have had my car looked at several times for pinking and not paid a penny,done under warranty i gather,still cant find why it is pinking though.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

older imports only got one years warranty from new.but now renault have changed the policy and you should get three years warranty on imports

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

What about a car that comes from Cyprus?
As far as I know Cyprus is due to enter the EU on 1st May 2004.

So does this mean that Cars from Cyprus have the 2yr warranty?

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Ah right, you are here CocoPops, Ive just posted a link to the above letter over at OcUK!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by Paul_CTR on 30 December 2003
Ah right, you are here CocoPops, Ive just posted a link to the above letter over at OcUK!

lol, yeah. I jump between here, hexus.net and ocuk :)

Just trying to find out about Cypriat cars as technically they are not in the EU? Even tho I guess the cars are made in the same place? France?

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Doesnt matter you wont get the warrenty if they are from Cyprus!

Sometimes the cars arent correctly undersealed for this country either!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by cliopower on 21 November 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 21 November 2003

If the car is an EU import then you can claim your 3 year warranty from Renault provided you meat certain criteria.

The first year is Manufacturer, the 2nd and 3rd dealer so you have to pay towards work.

Heres the letter Renault send out: http://www.leemather.plus.com/stuff/rw.jpghttp://www.leemather.plus.com/stuff/rw.jpg
do you have to pay for labour in yrs 2&3?
you only pay labour(full or a contribution)on things that arent covered by the 2nd and 3rd year anyway(exhausts,clutches etc)

Quote: Originally posted by steve.adi on 21 November 2003

i was looking at an import the other week brand new but when i asked about the warranty it was only 1year,so i opted to buy from a dealer,you get the standard 1 year with a reno dealer but if you have the car serviced with the dealer the warranty will go into 3 years.

Its 2 years Renault warrenty and 1 year dealer for UK cars.

From Renault site:

"All other products or services supplied by agreement between you and your dealer are not included. Your new Renault is covered by a 3-year warranty package - the first 2 years of unlimited mileage Renault manufacturer warranty followed by a further year of dealer cover up to 60,000 miles. This requires full servicing history according to Renault UK approved standards"