ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Induction kit advice

I have just bought and fitted a pipercross induction kit for my 1,2 16v clio.
I am disappointed as it doesnt have the growl that i expected it to. Have i fitted it incorrectly or does it take time to bed in or are pipercross induction kits more for performance than sound?
thanks

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Piperx on my 16v was WELL loud, but then it was Huge - if yours is just a 1.2, i dont really know what it should be like, but i would think it would still be quite loud??

Lionel Richie

Ive got the same iduction kit, its not that loud cos it only a 1.2 16v it makes a deeper noise between 2000rpm to about 4500rpm

Lionel Richie

oh yeah, you wont get much of a performance gain, it will just feel a bit ore torquey (spelling??) low down

GRRR!!!!

OK - I know the 1.2 has "16v" written on the side, but as far as Im concerned, the legendary 16v has supreme right to that title - as does the less legendary Clio 2 16v (later 1.6 RSi/Dynamique).

Its not my say to tell anyone what to call their car, but youll mislead a lot of people by calling yours a 16v.

it does indeed have 16v written on it and it is a 16v engine, so thats what it is called
clios have changed a bit
this is a 2001/2 car remember

Well when i think of clio 16vs i think of the phase 1 1.8 16 valve version. Also when i picture it i think of a red one! No idea why, but i do. Maybe its because being red it adds about 10 extra bhp.

paul

stuharri: which pipercross induction kit did you get?? (part number??). I tried looking on the net for an induction kit for my 1.2 16v dynamique but dont know which one is the correct one.
Not really any help, but on my mates pug 1.2 his induction noise doesnt start to grunt until bout 3500 revs - when it really is noticable.

Thanks

Lionel Richie

The pipercross web site is incorrect, i used the part number off there and ended up getting an induction kit for a 172!!!!!! I think mine is a PK208c (i cant remember exactly cos ive thrown away the box, sorry)

my mate has a piperx on his punto sporting (also a 1.2) and its chuffing loud. Turns heads from about 100 yards away! He doesnt seem to think its made a difference to the performance but dam it sounds good.

the only reason i said about the 16v thing is because like already said ull misslead people when asking for information, pretty much everyone thinks mk1 1.8 16v because thats the only name it ever had was 16v. doesnt yours have dynamic or something as a name? just that when u ask questions u could get wrong answers. i wouldve said dont get an induction kit at first glance as there no good for a 1.8 16v.

fred engine size has sod all to do with it - bens 1.1 pug makes a racket!!!

plus induction kits make cars more pokey up top, not down the rev range.

and 16V - clio 1.8 16V.

the news ones have names - dynamique, extreme(???), alize etc

I have a phase 1 16V, and have a pipercross induction kit, it roars like anything over 2,500rpm and screams nearer(over) 5,000rpm.

They dont do much, but your car breaths better (or so i am told) which has to be a good thing. Plus they sound amazing.

paul

Just got a Pipercross on my 16v, and it sounds excellent. I get a nice sucking induction noise then once you get to 5grand it sounds like an animal

mines doesnt, get the sucking noise but not any sound. wanted some grunt!!!!
so am disappointed, now really worth £100!!!

Clio Dynamique+

Does anyone know of an induction kit for the new Dynamique dCi Turbo diesel engine? now be nice!! I know its a diesel!!

Jonny

sorry to be all technical but induction roar is determined by the engines ability to rev fast. ie faster the engine revs the louder the roar.

real clio 16v and willy sound mental AS DO THE 172. im suprised the RT roar quite well too but the 1.2 16v ind kits are crap,they sound sh*t and make no difference.only thing they do is look nice and to me A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY
stop wasting money on modding the engine of a 1,2 its a waste of time and money

wongy

Clio Dynamique+

Yip, it has a turbo, tucked at the back of the engine above the exhaust, therefore, my question still remains..is there an induction for this oilburnin beast?!!

Ad

MK2 FRS

I agree Fred. There is no turbo DCi Dynamique. The 65hp Dynamique and the new 80bhp diesel in the Dynamique+ But on the renault site it is not called a turbo and you would have thought that they would make it clear its a turbo!!

Lionel Richie

The Dci is 60bhp and the 1.2 16v is 75bhp isnt it????? (i think this is correct, i know the 1.2 definately is 75bhp)

Clio Dynamique+

There is a turbo on the car, go and find one a see for yourself, it is also 65bhp. If you dont believe me go down to your local dealer and ask. If you still dont believe me Ill post a picture of it!! (Also you can hear it!!)

induction kits dont do much at all but roar.

only thing i noticed was that my cars went up the revs faster - but only after I fed some cold air feeds through.

stuharri- if u still want more noise then one thing i can suggest u to do are to buy a stainless steel filter or a cotton filter to fit into your piperx mounting

Yep Ive got a piperX ind. kit and it is well loud although i have reservation about power gain (it might be a loss), it does whistle and when you switch the engine off, it continues to make a whine for a second or two.

Ben, what did you go for after taking you r one off, i.e. what seems to be producing the goods, and did you ever have cold air ducting to it

Alex M

Yep Ive got a piperX ind. kit and it is well loud although i have reservation about power gain (it might be a loss), it does whistle and when you switch the engine off, it continues to make a whine for a second or two.

Ben, what did you go for after taking you r one off, i.e. what seems to be producing the goods, and did you ever have cold air ducting to it

Alex M