ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Induction kit advice

Yep Ive got a piperX ind. kit and it is well loud although i have reservation about power gain (it might be a loss), it does whistle and when you switch the engine off, it continues to make a whine for a second or two.

Ben, what did you go for after taking you r one off, i.e. what seems to be producing the goods, and did you ever have cold air ducting to it

Alex M

Sorry everybody for repeating my posts, but new office network is sending everything loopy dont know whats actually going out and incoming is just as bad.

Alex M

If you think you are loosing power i have to ask you one question. Do you have a cold air feed pipe? The clio makes a lot of heat in the engine bay and it could be zapping your power.

paul

b****cks, was putting up with the lost power cause was going to at some point make up a cold air feed, with possibly a sealed air box surrounding the PiperX filter. Was going to do it in transparent plastic sheet, but you reckon it will still lose power.

Alex M

As in, do you think I should persevere with trying to get cold air fed to it, or give up and folow another solution

Alex M

will putting cold air feed in give it a louder noise?
I noticed that the part that the indcution kit fits on restricts the air as well. Is it possible to take all this plastic off?

Lionel Richie

mines louder now than it was when i first put it on (4 months ago) i did reset the ecu though, but i doubt this did anything