ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio is going what next

soon to be a 200

The 172 is going but what should i get next.
honda cvic type r
seat leon cupra r
seat leon cupra 150 tdi. or other suggestions.
Trade in for the clio 02 172 with 26000 miles £7.000.

Porsche Boxster

depends what you are looking for next i guess? if u are gonna be doing a lot of motorway miles, then id say get the leon...... if not tyhen get a integra type r (DC5)......... if thats too much then geta ctr!

Yaris Hybrid

From experience I dont think any of the cars in your list will feel any quicker than your 172 so I wouldnt upgrade purely for performance.

If you want more reliability and better build quality be very careful with the CTR as my mates has had a fair bit of niggling problems.

Perhaps your fancy a large saloon for presence on the road or a hairdressers car for the image?

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 17 March 2005
or a hairdressers car for the image?

he said hes sellin the clio :p

CRX 16v, Golf SE

Quote: Originally posted by R20 CWH on 17 March 2005

id get an a3 3.2 v6 quattro. well tasty
Mmm yes...I agree but from your list...

the seat leon cupra R and play with it ;)

Wouldnt get the ctr...just not quite up to standard...and Im a jap car fan!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Quote: Originally posted by *mugen*power* on 17 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by R20 CWH on 17 March 2005

id get an a3 3.2 v6 quattro. well tasty
Mmm yes...I agree but from your list...

the seat leon cupra R and play with it ;)

Wouldnt get the ctr...just not quite up to standard...and Im a jap car fan!

hmmmmmmmmm aye. £23k gets the a3, hopefully ill get one next year or so

http://www.new-car-discount.com/New-Car-Discount-discount_new_audi_car_prices.htmhttp://www.new-car-discount.com/New-Car-Discount-discount_new_audi_car_prices.htm

have you thought about the new golf GTI. ist pretty reliable compared to your 172 if you dont like renos anymore... you didnt really give any spending limits anyway

soon to be a 200

Sorry forgot to say only have the clio and £7000 to spend.
Have been told by an ecu remap person to go for a seat ibiza fr 130 tdi and when he is finished it will out sprint a porsche boxter?.

I dont like the look of the Ibiza, looks like a gerbil in my eyes for some reason! If i were in your position id go for a Leon Cupra R and a Revo Remap. Makes a quick car into a ballistic missile. Well worth the cash IMHO. On the motorway it easily out paces 3.2 audis and all the above except maybe the Konigseg, although ive not had a go against one, so ill reserve judgement! ;)

Well, if youre considering a Ibiza fr 130 tdi and remap it, id go for the Fabia vRS instead - same engine but nicer looking IMO!

Although I thought you could get a Ibiza tdi with about 158bhp as standard? I remember a mag test of one against a 182 and the ingear accelaration times destroyed the 182... Looks crap though (IMO!). Do a search on here if interested cos I posted up about that about 6 months ago.

tiTTy & SV650

leon cupra r, get lovely build quality without the cost of an audi and the LCR is so much better styled than the standard cupra, very nice cars.

New Golf GTI someone mentioned but thats £20k or so and its gonna be so common.

LCR all the way (after all everyones got a CTR thesedays...)

[Edited by rory182 on 18 March 2005 at 9:10am]