ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio IV headlamps not sitting right..

Clio IV Dynamique S
Hello,

I hope this is the right place to post this.

I have recently decided to replace my sidelights, headlamps and main beams to slightly whiter bulbs. I found it odd that Renault will put beautiful clear white LED DRL's on their cars and then when they switch to dipped headlights a tacky yellow beam appears so I opted to buy my own lights and fit these (they are legal ones).
So I found a Youtube video on how to fit them (as the manual is useless) and completed this with little effort however I now find that my dipped beams and main beams seem to be shining into the sky and not down to the ground. I have to have them set to 4 on the dash just to keep them towards the road. I know I must be annoying other drivers which isn't my intention. I was just wondering If someone knows if I've fitted the lights wrong or should simply stop whining and refit the original bulbs?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Scot

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
1) By lights, do you mean you fitted complete new lamp units or just change the bulbs?

2) Did you remove the complete lamp units or undo any bolts?

3) If you changed just the bulbs, are you 100% sure you've fitted them correctly?

If you answer these, we should be able to give you some more information.

Clio IV Dynamique S
Hello, Many thanks for the response!

1) I just changed the bulbs
2) I didn't undo any bolts. I followed what seemed to be fairly standard instructions on just removing one bulb and fitting another.
3) At the time of fitting them it felt quite fool proof. It seemed to be just replace the bulb into the slot where the old bulb came out and then put the clip back on.

I've had my car serviced since posting this and I mentioned it to them. They took a look and said it was definitely off but they didn't seem to have time to adjust or look further into it and suggested I have it looked at in 2 weeks when the next software update comes out. I'd be grateful for any tips.

Thanks again!

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
It's very possible that you have fitted the bulb upside down and therefore not sitting correctly.

Clio IV Dynamique S
Hello,

You our were all spot on. I had gotten them upside down. Didn't realise it would make such a difference.

Lesson learned. Thanks for the feedback all !

Scot