ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio/ktec quaife diff gearbox?

r5 gtt with 172 turbo eng
has anyone got this in there clio? or any other lsd gearbox in there clio? if so how do you find it? have you had any problems with it? thinking of shellin out for 1 but wantd to ask peoples views of it before i do.

cheers ;)

Lionel Richie
i heard k-tec snapped that quaife diff in half???

i;m going with BenR on this, plated type diffs are better

172 cup'd extreme
k-tec enlisted the help of Competition Transmission Services when they broke their box, they now have a stronger much better version

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I think maybe Yaser has something similar. I know he shelled out close to 3k on a LSD system. I'll ask him and find out

Renault Clio 182 Trophy
Surprised that the Quaife diff broke - it should be similar to that used in the Focus RS. The problem with plate diffs is firstly that the friction plates can wear and so the pre-load will reduce over time and that in many cases they are too big to fit in the standard housing/casings. Note that the Integra R also uses a helical gear type diff for similar reasons

MERCEDES CLS AMG
oh - i have a brand new JC5 MK1 172 box with a speedo drive if anyone wants it cheap £495 cash ( u must collect )

MATT BLACK said:
The sturmey archer transmission on a Raleigh Grifter is better than the 172 JC5 box
any suggestions to a diffrent gearbox that could be used if an adaptor plate was made, obviously driveshafts would hav to be modfied/custom to do this but i dont see any reno box copin with huge power like i wana run

cheers

Lionel Richie
i'm using the ND0 sixspeed from the megane RS, but you'll need the F4R turbo bottom end to run this and custom shafts and custom mounts

ph1 172
I think yasser had a gripper diff, all in the standard 172 box.

I had a ride in it (passenger seat :( ) and you could stick your foot to floor in the middle of a corner and not end up in a field

Lionel Richie
we do a diff similar to the gripper one, Yassers was custom done by gripper/mark fish IIRC @ £3K

he car does handle well!

ph1 172
yeah it also seemed to reduce it wanting to understeer but im not really an expert im just going by how it felt, which wasnt much without my feet on the pedals

apparenty it was a very tight fit in the gearbox

Lionel Richie
yeah empty sacks, bruised ribs, a sore back, and friction burns on your knees

plus a swinglish accent "oh yar"

;)

clio 200 F4Rt
surely the Quaife one only broke because it was designed to take around standardish (plus a bit) 182 power.

not the 260 odd plus all the torque that ktec launched through it??

check here for decent info and pricing on various different diffs....

http://www.gearboxman.co.uk/

FredYozzasport said:
i'm using the ND0 sixspeed from the megane RS, but you'll need the F4R turbo bottom end to run this and custom shafts and custom mounts
whats the diffrence between that bottom end and mine bud ?

clio 200 F4Rt
isnt the turbo bottom end known as an F4K? i am sure i rememebr seeing it stamped into a megane 225 lump.

Lionel Richie
F4RT bottom end is the wide face block with stronger crank etc etc

the block is about 6inch wider than the F4R block (i'm talking width front to back here, not side to side)

here's a pic of the 172 gearbox and the ND0 6 speed
(ND0 is on the left)
IMG_1177.jpg

NDO bell housing
IMG_1184.jpg

as you can see its WAY bigger than the JC5