ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Lowerin

Im in need of a bit of advice...

I have a clio dynamique on 7x17" rims. I want it lowered but I dont know how much cos I cant be arsed with modifying the arches. I could go 4 the general 35mm,f/30mm,r but it doesnt really do it for me. I want to go 60mm. Is it possible or would it b more trouble than its worth. Also which brand should I go 4, PI, G-MAX on a 60mm drop or bilsten on a 70mm,f/50mm,r drop???

Nice one folks!

C4 Grand Picasso

Planty of people have Dynamiques on 17s with a 60mm drop on here - no problems at all even with a car full of people. A lot of people go for PI springs (I have too).

Mike.

Do you know if there is online instructions on how to fit the springs? I would prefer to do it myself rather than get someone else to do it.

C4 Grand Picasso

There is a good guide to changing springs in the members section on here. Thats what I used to fit mine.

Well folks,

I finally got my lowering springs (60mm drop), I took them round to my local garage to get them fitted. But they would not fit them as the dampers were too long for the springs.

So I want to thank halfords and their great advice (or lack of it, they should really go back to selling just f**king bikes!!!), I had to go back and buy shorter dampers to accomodate the smaller springs.

I have now bought koni adjustable shocks, Are they any good???

Lionel Richie

mate, the garage are full of sh*t, no need for shorter dampers!!!!!! (turst me on this, i have lowered over 15 clios)

Konis are very good, but you didnt need to buy them!!!!!

Thanks 4 all the feedback. I checked out the article and it is very detailed so I am gonna have a go at fitting them myself instead of paying over the odds at a garage.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Yepp dead simple all you have to do is borrow and buy and set of spring compressors which are about £20.

Hi

i Have just had my clio lowered by Fred2001Dynamic off here and i am gald i did i was thinking about getting the spring compressors and doin it my self costing around 20 quid , but fred did it for 40 quid and it saved me the hastle of doin it and i knew it was done right , plus u get to see freds car in the flesh which is unbeliveable

my clio lowered 60mm on 16"

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=13&TopicID=84989http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=13&TopicID=84989

Gregg

no you dont have to stand on a bar (toms car is the one used in the guide, that car was jinxed)

sunny manchester??? anythings possible PM me

(Fred2001Dynamic on Roamers sign in)

This is FRED

Tar

For the rear springs to be removed easier, do you have to jack up both sides of the car so that the rear bar is able to drop more freely?

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by clio_mad on 12 May 2004

For the rear springs to be removed easier, do you have to jack up both sides of the car so that the rear bar is able to drop more freely?
yeah, jack up both sides (undo the shocks first) and the springs will just fall out