ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mechanical Expert required in North West

200 FF Storm Grey
Hi,

I'm having some serious issues with my handling at the moment, feels very loose and doesn't seem to want to carry any weight under breaking or on the bends.

I've had a few people look at it who are quite knowledgeable but they can't seem to figure out the problem, so i'm keen to have somebody who knows exactly what a clio's steering set up should look like and who could pin point the problem.

I'd put a bit of money your way for the trouble/time, I live in Wigan.

200 FF Storm Grey
Think I've probably put this in the wrong section, if a mod could move it to the faults section I'd be grateful

Cheers

birchdown, nw perf are all local and capable as far as i know.

if its drivable get it to btm in b'ham, freds sorting my front end next week. droplinks gone and something with the steering rack too...

200 FF Storm Grey
Checked your dampers, springs, bushes, ball joints etc are all ok?

I think it's more in the steering assembley itself as it doesn't feel right at any speed rather than it feeling off only on particular quick bends etc.. where you'd expect the suspension to play a larger part

birchdown, nw perf are all local and capable as far as i know.

if its drivable get it to btm in b'ham, freds sorting my front end next week. droplinks gone and something with the steering rack too...

Cheers mate, had a pm off a place in Northwich so just chatting to their fella now seeing if I can have a check over as part of a service

Monaco 172 sport
I think it's more in the steering assembley itself as it doesn't feel right at any speed rather than it feeling off only on particular quick bends etc.. where you'd expect the suspension to play a larger part

Cheers mate, had a pm off a place in Northwich so just chatting to their fella now seeing if I can have a check over as part of a service

Like the previous said recommend Birchdown all the way these boys know there clios inside out and are very competitive in pricing.

200 FF Storm Grey
It's North West Performance I been speaking with mate.

They check all cars as part of the service and it's slighty over due it's service anyway so £120 for the 36k service which is good (that's excluding aux belt obviously)