ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk 3 GT DCI 59 plate Headunit Stalk Adaptor help

Clio 3 GT DCI 106
Hi

I'm hoping someone on here has come across this problem before and been able to find a fix, but here goes.....

I've just installed a new Pioneer head unit and it works great but i also purchased a stalk adapter from Bass Junkies (separately) as i found them a bit expensive. Anyway the original wiring loom and the ISO loom to the head unit take up so much room on their own it took me all afternoon to get the head unit to fit flush in the dash.

The problem i have is the additional wiring the stalk adapter will introduce is about the same again of the one thats already in their and i can't physically see how it will all fit in without completely removing the dash!! Which i want to try and avoid as after referring to the Haynes manual its a very tricky process.

Does anybody have any idea how i can squeeze it all in without taking apart the interior? If it comes to this i think I will just do without the steering wheel controls lol.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

If it's pre facelift, I had this problem , I took the glove box out , which is 3 screws behind the dash trim that just pops off , 1 screw inside the glove box just to the left of the light , and I think one behind the trim to the left of the glove box that you can see with the door open , think it has an airbag sticker on it , takes a couple of mins to get them out and the glove box slides out , I just tucked them all by the side of the glove box leaving behind my head unit clear , just don't put them in the way of your heater control cable , I've got stalk wires and all my sub wires there , maybe the same on facelift but not sure , I found it the easiest way to access it

Clio 3 GT DCI 106
Thanks for that.

Looking back in the Haynes manual it seems to over complicate things by advising how to remove everything at once rather then individually. However, i think since posting this and searching on the tech guides that I've found an even easier fix. The faceplate on the center console comes off if you pries it up with a flat head screw driver. When this is removed the mouth of the Din hole the headunit slots into get much larger allowing better viewing of what your doing. However, failing this i will remove the glove box.

Good advice though and much appreciated.