ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk1 grille

Hello all!

just wondering what options there are for my mk1 clio 1995 grille? I know the grille isnt very big, but Im sure there are some styling mods out there?

Im a bit bored of the standard grille, but Id like to keep the standard bumper.

Cheers!

Chris.

wow, nobody has replied!

Yesterday with my first post ever, I got 4 replies in less than half an hour!

I guess there arent any grilles available?

or did I post this in the wrong section?

Cheers!

Chris.

To be honest theres no replacement grilles that im aware of!!? :s

The only choice afaik is either a phase 1 style - double thin bars; or phase 2 style - single fat curvy bar!! :)

Quote: Originally posted by LivinLegend on 24 March 2004

im sure someone was selling some king of grill for phase twos on the for sale section, do a search mate

if you mean Mikes grills, they are just new replacement phase 2 grills in primer.

well, looks like Im stuck with it then! unless I buy a complete aftermarket bumper!

Thanks for the link legend.

Cheers everybody for replying.

Chris.

Quote: Originally posted by G16NNN on 24 March 2004

To be honest theres no replacement grilles that im aware of!!? :s

The only choice afaik is either a phase 1 style - double thin bars; or phase 2 style - single fat curvy bar!! :)
Hello Glenn, did you get my pm?

Legend, I think that would be possible, but it probably wouldnt look very good if I did it!

has anyone tried this?

ive seen it done on a car at college but he went a bit over the top with the mesh, and it looks ott, but it would be a very subtle mod, get a pic of the front of your car and ask someone to photoshop mesh onto it and then your could tell

I could do that, but at the moment, my clio is up on axle stands, with no engine in it. Its looking very sorry for itself! Great Idea though!

The standard grille has been taken off, and there is a dent in the bonnet!

Has anybody got a pic of a monaco blue front end? and does someone fancy photoshopping it?

Or can anyone else think of any other alternatives?

Cheers!

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

As far as i know there is only one aftermarket grille you can buy and thats from RGM, check out needforspeed.co.uk. I had it on mine, and dont worry it does look better in real life than in the pic on the site.

cheers mate!

In not that keen, but it looks as though you can cut out some more of the grille and put more mesh on it!

It opens up my options a bit anyway.

thanks!

Chris.