ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk1 Phase 1 Valver - Shaking and vibrations

Williams 1 (no.69)
  • Car seems fine under 40mph.
  • Above 40MPH the whole car shakes but the wheels stay completely planted to the ground.
  • Only shakes under acceleration.
  • Only seems to do it wen warm
  • Vibration / shake seems to originate on the passenger side front wheel footwell area.
Gearbox and Driveshaft have been checked no movement in them.
Wheel balancing has all been checked also.

Planning to check mounts tomorrow (although these were checked 3 weeks ago so doubt these are the problem).

has been suggested that the CV joint is playing up - which will mean a new drive shaft in my car.

1. Does anyone have knowledge of similar experience?
2. Any other items I should check?
3. I am planning to get both sides driveshafts replaced at the same time for consistancy.

Would be great if the great minds within this forums would help.

Kind regards,
J.A.

Looking for a ph-quick...
Sounds like you exhaust down pipe is resting on your steering rack dude. Get under teh car or even just open the bonnet and have a look!

clio 16v
at last someone with the same problem as me. I have changed both bearings and front brakes, wheels balanced and tracking done plus new tyres,

It's still doing it so my moneys on the driveshaft which im doing 2moro

valvers are bottomless money blackholes:mad: