ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk2 1.2 16v Decat issue

clio mk2 1.2 16v 02
Got a 1.2 16v 2005 clio as a project and iv decided to decat it. Iv removed the cat smashed the insides out and welded a pipe inside. On idle after a while it will start to idle bad to the point it wants to cut out. I removed both 02 sensors and it idle better for longer but eventuall it started idling bad again. Im pretty sure its the second o2 sensor detecting no catalist so is messing air/fuel ratios at idle. I was thinking in making a mini cat that screws on to were the second o2 sensor screws to then screw the o2 sensor into the mini cat(piece of catalist in front of o2 sensor) so basically the o2 sensors sniffs the converted exaust gas and ecu thinks cat is there and hopfully this will fix the idle problem. I just wanted to ask before i weld away. One thing to note is they sell a decat pipe and it was both o2 sensor on them but they also have bolts in them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-13-18-34-34.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-13-18-34-34.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 126
  clio mk2 1.2 16v 02
Precat sensor is in. I welded pipe with a bit of catalist in for the second sensor but still same bad idle to stall. Im just going to weld a 200cell sport cat in. Basically i give up

monaco 172
Not sure if it's the same on a 1.2 but the rear lambda doesn't control fueling so it doesn't matter if there's a cat there or not so I think you have issues elsewhere.

clio mk2 1.2 16v 02
Car run fine before i messed about with decat. Apparintly k-tek tried to decat the 1.2 and had same issue here what they said 》We have now released the sports cat for fitment to the Clio 1.2 16v. After trials it became apparent that a straight through de-cat pipe would cause the 1.2 16v to run erratically. The sports cat however allows the 1.2 16v to run perfectly and pass an MOT without any problem. The freer flowing 200 cell core that this sports cat has allows the engine to breathe more easily and will give a good power increase.

clio mk2 1.2 16v 02
I welded a 200cell sports cat and it now runs perfect

Attachments

• 20180720_131105.jpg
    20180720_131105.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 93