ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk2 1.2 RT dash weirdness

corsa b
hi all

ive got a 1.2 RT, when the engine is idling normally the rev gauge says the idle is 2k and when you rev it the finger will go up and hit the top of the counter, when its clearly not reving that high! also sometimes the speed will stay up like i was sitting in it before and it said i was doing 20mph, i clearly wasnt the car wasnt in gear and stationary. and sometimes it doesnt want to start?

Jap Box
Sounds like either a sensor or the dials are wrong?

When the ignition is off and keys are out are the dials still showing the wrong firgures?

corsa b
all the dials reset when the engines switched off, what is the rev gauage driven off? CPS or the speed sensor on the box?

Jap Box
Have you taken the dials out at all to change bulbs or something? Or know if anyone has previously? Pretty sure if they were not in the exact right place before and after being taken apart then this could cause the problem.

No idea what the gagues connect to sorry, someone in the know will come along and be able to help soon hopefully though :)