ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk2 Head Gasket?

Renault Clio MK2 05
Hello!

I've owned my Clio (MK2 2005 Rush) for almost a year now and maybe every 3/4 months I have to top up the coolant because its almost completely empty.

I've attached a couple of photos of the oil cap and filler because I've got an awful lot of gunk build up.

From what i've read it could be from short journeys which I do a lot of around 15 minutes to and from work but only recently has it really started to build up this bad, I have't seen pcitures anywhere with gunk this bad.

What would you say the cause of this is? Should I be looking for a new car?

IMG_0145.jpgIMG_0143.jpg
Thanks!
Archie

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Plastic rocker, you'll always get some build up. Unless you've got a milky residue on your dipstick I wouldn't worry.

I'd be checking for coolant leaks elsewhere, its not uncommon for pipes clips to be leaking, or water pump seals.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
This is quite commonly the thermostat housing being warped allowing the two to mix. Change that first as MLS headgaskets very rarely fail.