ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio mk3 engine change ? also 172 question

Clio mk3 07
HI everyone i have a Clio mk3 1.2 on very high miles and instead of getting a new car im going to just get a new engine and thought may aswell get the 1.2 turbo engine i know i need the engine and ecu ect but do i need the gearbox from the tce ? and anything else / info is appreciated.
also got a 172 for summer ect new to the clio sport world tho and was wondering what is the diffirence between a f4r engine or is that the standard ect ?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Clio 172s have the F4R. That's the standard engine.
Is there anything wrong with the current 1.2 engine in your Mk3? Seems pointless to change it if not.

Clio mk3 07
Clio 172s have the F4R. That's the standard engine.
Is there anything wrong with the current 1.2 engine in your Mk3? Seems pointless to change it if not.
aw ok cheers and yeah someone hit the front of me and its leaking oil its on 120000 miles radiotor is all smashed ect i could get the normal 1.2 engine easy swap but just figured if im changing it may aswell get the tce engine.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ah okay, fair enough then.
I'm not too familiar on the TCe engines, but as far as I know they're based on the D4 engine that my old one had.
I'd imagine the mounts are similar and if you can get the whole engine loom from the donor TCe car, it'd be easier. You'd be better asking someone with experience on the smaller engines.

Tbh though, I'd still just buy a TCe.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
For what the smaller engine mk3 clios go for now it would be a lot easier to just buy another.

Unless of course you want a little project and can get hold of everything dirt cheap. Don't forget to check out what difference it makes to your insurance with an engine swap.

But yeah, I'd do what @Christopher said, buy a TCe.