ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio MPG's

Vectra
How do I find out what MPG my car does?

Its been puzzling me for a while and I'd like to know what my car is achieving.

Thanks for help :)

Tom

H

HickiN

find out how many litres and in turn gallons you put into the car (full tank)..... clock how many miles you do until its empty...

Do the caluclation to work it out (or put it into google and it will do it for you)..... then you'll know roughly how much you have done!!

http://www.mpg-calculator.co.uk/

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on what model of clio you have:

If you have the option there is a button on the right stalk (that controls the wiper speed) press the button at the end of the stalk and if you have a trip computer it should cycle through to MPG.

"Navy" N17 TWO
What Clio do you have?

I did a 150 mile trip today, mostly towns & mountain roads so lots of gear changing and overtaking tractors lol

Stayed on 37.5mpg all day :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Fill up until the first click of the pump.

Reset trip

Drive around

Fill back up until the first click.

Put the second fill up amount and number of miles on the trip into an mpg calculator.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Fill up until the first click of the pump.

Reset trip

Drive around

Fill back up until the first click.

Put the second fill up amount and number of miles on the trip into an mpg calculator.

I've never heard a way of calculating MPG explained so simply. I shall be doing this myself. Cheers.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Once you know the number of miles you've done and the number of litres of fuel used its a simple calculation, no need for any websites.

Divide the number of liters of fuel used by 4.546 = Gallons (eg 25l / 4.546 = 5.5gallon)
Divide the number of miles travelled into the gallons figure = Miles per gallon.