ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio n00b

Hey guys.

I've just ordered a new Clio 1.2 Extreme in black on the scrappage scheme. I won't have it until October but I thought I'd join the forums and see what other Clios are about (some stunning ones here btw).

So to sum up: Hi!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
hello and welcome, u will regret a 1.2 16v unlees its the turbo version

It's not the turbo version. Why will I regret it? It can't have any less poke than my current car, a Nissan Micra.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
micra will be quicker to be honest mate. Clio 3s are quite heavy, they put the 1.2 16v in the clio 2 and that was quite sluggish.

Oi oi, I love my Micra. It may have a worn timing chain, knackered belt tensioners, rust holes in the top of the doors and sunroof that leak, leaky power steering hose, cigarette burns in both front seats, smells of the previous owners dog, falling apart door cards, steering that squeals on full lock, rattly boot lid, door hinges that drop, a hole in the exhaust, incredibly heavy gear change and washer jets that spray too viciously to actually hit the windscreen but I love it.

BTW Ali, after doing a bit of research I think you may be right about the turbo so I'm going to go to Renault on Saturday to see whether I can alter my order and if I can afford the finance for the extra moneys.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Oi oi, I love my Micra. It may have a worn timing chain, knackered belt tensioners, rust holes in the top of the doors and sunroof that leak, leaky power steering hose, cigarette burns in both front seats, smells of the previous owners dog, falling apart door cards, steering that squeals on full lock, rattly boot lid, door hinges that drop, a hole in the exhaust, incredibly heavy gear change and washer jets that spray too viciously to actually hit the windscreen but I love it.

At least your looking on the bright side eh. :)

None
Micra's are funny, my work colleague has one and when he drives off it reminds me of postman pat in his van :), can't knock nissan though, without them there would be no skyline......heaven forbid!

Welcome to CS :)