ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio not starting- fuel cut off switch

15MAS

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 & 911 turbo
my car would not start yesterday. Turned over, fuel pump primed and immobiliser light went out but would not fire. I reset the fuel cut off switch, a red rubber button by the battery and it then started. The car had been parked up for a week, not knocked or moved yet it cut off. Anyone had this happen before ? Seems strange.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Mine had issues with not firing recently, sounds identical to what you had - turns over fine and it just wasnt firing/getting any fuel. Then after about 20seconds of turning over, left for 5mins it would start up fine. Didn't matter if the car was left for a week or a few hours, but didn't do it all the time. I thought it was TDC sensor, I never got around to changing it though as it hasn't done it for ages and it has been starting first time.
I never thought to check the fuel cut off switch, if it happens again then I will look at this. To reset the cut off do you just press the button or is there like a sequence to do?

15MAS

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 & 911 turbo
For the second time, go to use my Clio after being parked for a week and it won't start. Turns over, fuel pump primes etc. Pushed the fuel cut off switch and tried the ignition again and it started. I don't know if the car has been knocked twice(I doubt it), the switch is faulty or the bump sensor is faulty. Any ideas appreciated.

15MAS

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 & 911 turbo
Went to start the Clio this morning and it would not start without the red button being pressed on the inertia switch. I am going to replace the switch. It would appear they are a generic part but can't find any listed on the usual parts websites. anyone else replaced theirs??

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
There is no red button on a mk3, inertia/crash switch was a mk2 phase 1 thing only