ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio number 10 I think?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Hopefully it'll only be an injector/plug/something small and cheap to repair!

330i. E30 Touring.
Yeah, getting it read on Saturday. I'm guessing it's an injector.
To test, unplug the connectors to the injectors as it's running.

That will narrow down which cylinder is misifiring.

From there, it'll either be coilpack, leads, plug or injector.

Anymore and you'll be binning the engine. lol.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
To test, unplug the connectors to the injectors as it's running.

That will narrow down which cylinder is misifiring.

From there, it'll either be coilpack, leads, plug or injector.

Anymore and you'll be binning the engine. lol.

I know it's had recent plugs, coilpack and leads. It's proper intermittent - it'll misfire at idle and then seems to sort itself out and then will go back into misfire mode! Was doing it a little but has got a lot worse now and seems to be worse when not driven for a few days.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Might be worth taking it to Renault for diagnostics. Then atleast if they 'fix it' and it comes back you get a refund for the part (surely?) and can try the next thing..

Just took it round the block and it's running spot on! Who knows?

I'll take it to DDC if it doesn't get any better.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Had it on a code reader and showed o2 sensor 1 and also put the management light on so I'm guessing that's the culprit.

Does it only run rough when the engine is cold Jim? Like first thing on a morning etc

Shortly after I got my Clio the pre-lambda sensor was goosed and whilst on the cold map it would run rough as f**k and sound like it was misfiring on idle and then all of a sudden it'll run fine.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Does it only run rough when the engine is cold Jim? Like first thing on a morning etc

Shortly after I got my Clio the pre-lambda sensor was goosed and whilst on the cold map it would run rough as f**k and sound like it was misfiring on idle and then all of a sudden it'll run fine.

Kind of. It was hardly running yesterday and today it was fine! I'm confused by it all but that's the only fault that's showing. I checked the injectors and they seem fine.

If you run it first thing tomorrow with the engine cold, just see if it idles rough and if it does it should only be for around 5 mins or so. If it idles fine then it might not be the lambda

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Just ordered a Bosch lambda from euro car parts for £55 so we'll see if that solves the intermittent rough running issues.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
A9A00ECC-C68E-4228-A1C8-A1DE7F9E991F_zpskfrbcizi.jpg

Delivered today! Can't argue with that service from ECP!