ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio oil leak

1.2 16v clio
Hi, I have an oil leak on my car that has covered half the engine bay, it on the bonnet behind the bumper all over the alternator and pooling at the front of the engine, I have take it to 2 different garages, and neither can locate the oil leak, I was wondering if anyone had any similar problems or could point me in the right direction

1.2 16v clio
IMG_1558_zps6614d9ab.jpg

2011 Clio rs200
You'll have to clean up the oil best you can then run engine Upto temp to see where it's leaking from, garage should've done that to find a leak, impossible to find a leak when everything is covered in oil :(

Clio 182 - RB
Got to clean the engine mate, some garages will clean it for you so source where its coming from. As said above, impossible to find the leak when its covered in oil.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you live near Bristol, I'll clean the engine / engine bay for you.

1.2 16v clio
I live in sheffield and I run the car when it's up to temp, but you can't see it, it's really annoying I've been told it's the rocker cover but could it be that, surely that would be all over the engine bay if it was! I appreciate the help guys and gals!!

clio dci , ren8
Has your clio had the inlet manifold taken off ?? check all the bolts are in it as they often get left out and the holes go directly in to the oil gallery :rolleyes:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'd get a new aux belt fitted either way as yours appears to have a split.

1.2 16v clio
Yeah I noticed that the belt had split, gunna see to that on pay day! And the inlet manifold was taken off when the rocker cover gasket was changed, I'll check all the bolts thanks!

1.2 16v clio
I tightened the bolts up on the inlet manifold and there is only a little but of oil coming from there now, but now it seems to be coming from behind the engine because the firewall and top of the engine have a thin layer of oil on, thanks