ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio or Fiesta

I am thinking of either buying a second hand new style clio or a ford fiesta zetec s. what do u think i should go for?

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Depends what you want innit!!! Id have thought the Zetec S what out handle any new Clio bar 172/Cup/V6, but straight line aint that brilliant!! Personally, I love the looks of the Zetec S, better styling then a standard Clio IMO (waits to get slated!)

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 22 October 2003

Yeah youre right..but then the insurance group of the Ford probably isnt as friendly.
Yeah, I think the insurance on the fiesta is group 8. I was watching a 0-60 video of one on http://www.zsoc.comwww.zsoc.com yesterday and it looked well slugish, although some of the responses to it suggested that it was a bit slower than a normal zs. Ive been thinking about getting one and popping a 2.0 zetec in it, the engines are fairly cheap to buy and modify. Just need some cash....

nope

it was me driving it

they are not much quicker than a punto sporting with induction kit

i even have the timing slip to prove it

clio sport mk1 golf

i like the new citreon vtr c2 thingy on the tv thats nice

fiestas are common

urm so are clios

but i love my clio so much i wrap her in clingfilm so she dont get dirty.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Yeah, I can believe that time Bambam. They arent really that tunable in n/a form either so your pretty shafted unless you wanna go down the turbo/supercharger route.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Quote: Originally posted by nosh clio on 22 October 2003

i like the new citreon vtr c2 thingy on the tv thats nice
SHED! If it hadnt a decent box, itd be a shed but with crappy box SHED. Dont it have 110bhp? More then previous VTRs but Im sure I read somewhere the 0-60 was 11 seconds?!?

Ba ahaha 10.9 from a 1.6!

Depends what Fiesta and Clio is being compared...

Zetec S vs 1.6 16v, Id take the Clio, mind the 1.4 16v has the same performance of the Ford still. If your thinking 1.2 Clio then Id take the Fiesta, they look pretty darn good standard.

worked for ford, owned a zetec S. the engineers said 9.8 to 60. yes it is not the quickest warm hatch but will put a smile on your face. i had loads of problems with it. so watch out for thrashed examples.

you cannot compare a 172 against as the cos equation is too big. however i have driven a 1.6 clio and in a striaght line it would destroy a zetec S.

that is my unbiased opinion. depends on money as ever