ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio ownership 06-08 (Lots of photos)

Golf R soon...
Thought I would show you in pictures how my love affair with the Clio began and ended :) :dapprove:

Bought it in April 06 from a Renault dealer in Slough, completely standard, very first pic...

mycar.jpg

Got it home and took a few more random photos...

DSC00386a.jpg

DSC00387a.jpg

I bought some black lexus lights as I thought they looked alright...

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

They soon came off as I got called a chav on a number of occasions :mad:

I later added some autostyle mats, silvervision bulbs and a Alpine stereo...

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

In the summer, I bought my first mod, a blueflame cat back exhaust from a group buy setup on this very forum...

DSC00275.jpg

DSC00276.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

This is what the car looked like in the summer of 06...

DSC00270.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00625.jpg

Fast forward to December 06, my second mod, the anthracite turinis :D

DSC00709.jpg

DSC00718.jpg

DSC00719.jpg

DSC00809.jpg

Had the car serviced at K-tec in January 07, added some drilled disc, front and back...

DSC00832.jpg

DSC00833.jpg

DSC00834.jpg

My third mod came in the form of a BMC CDA induction kit, which I fitted in May 07.

Me and a friend did a mini photo shoot in July 07, here are the results...

DSC_3050.jpg

DSC_3049.jpg

DSC_3072.jpg

August 07 and things start getting serious! H&Rs! :approve:

DSC00975.jpg

DSC01023.jpg

DSC01025.jpg

I know what your thinking, not low enough! lol Well August came and went.

In September 07, my beloved area rep TrannyB "slammed" the clio for me! Bloody good job as well!

DSC01397.jpg

DSC01400.jpg

Took some addition photos at the end of September...

DSC_3110.jpg

DSC_3108.jpg

DSC_3102.jpg

DSC_3097.jpg

By October 07 I was on the search for a new motor, so the Clio mods stopped.

Fast forward to March 08, well what can I say, the BMC and H&Rs were removed and sold on. The Clio was traded for my current motor a black R32!

Its been emotional! I can honest the Clio has been by far the best car I have owned so far. Its the perfect balance of luxury and driveability!

Darren

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
awesome looking car that - iv had mine 18 months and often think of moving on to an audi a3 but i can never see myself having as much fun as i do in my clio

Maz

LY 200
Nice story Daz, thought about doing something similar when mine went but just havn't had the time.

Golf R soon...
awesome looking car that - iv had mine 18 months and often think of moving on to an audi a3 but i can never see myself having as much fun as i do in my clio

Cheers! If the build quality on the Renault was better I would have keep it longer, the rattles made me mad sometimes! :D
The A3 would be a nice car to own after the 182, similiar to my R32, comfortable and well built! Hate to say it though, bit dull to drive unless you get something special

Nice story Daz, thought about doing something similar when mine went but just havn't had the time.

Thanks Marie! I've took so many photos of the damn thing, I had to share some of them! :D

Looks a mint example, nice one - i'll be the first to say it looks 1000% better on the turini's it's no wonder a lot of owners choose them:cool:

Golf R soon...
Looks a mint example, nice one - i'll be the first to say it looks 1000% better on the turini's it's no wonder a lot of owners choose them:cool:

Cheers matey ;) Hows the Ferrari :D

When I first had the turinis fitted I was a bit disappointed, I didn't like them at first they looked too small! but I grow to love them in the end! :)

Cheers matey ;) Hows the Ferrari :D

When I first had the turinis fitted I was a bit disappointed, I didn't like them at first they looked too small! but I grow to love them in the end! :)
Lol :) one day only dude, one day only.

LY V6 with Recaros
Was a stunner! I still miss 182 even though I can still drive it whenever I want. Such fun cars :)

Golf R soon...
picked it up today and loving it few little niggles to sort out but great so far

Hope is drives well for you bud! Hope the exhaust isn't too loud!

What "niggles" are you having, comestic or mechnical?

the cd doesnt work iam getting them to fix it even though i have my own ready to put in the passenger side wing mirrow is scratched down yo the primer and the window screen is chipped