ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio ph1 172 snapped cambelt 161,000

Clio 172 turbo
sadly my ph1 172 cam-belt has snapped at the millage of 161,000 !!!!!! as i was parking outside my house lol im guessing all valves are bent, who else has a high mileage ph1 , im going to repair it, to much mods been done to car , and i love it!

182 ff
sadly my ph1 172 cam-belt has snapped at the millage of 161,000 !!!!!! as i was parking outside my house lol im guessing all valves are bent, who else has a high mileage ph1 , im going to repair it, to much mods been done to car , and i love it!
if it was last changed at 72,000 miles ,its done very well..

Clio 172 turbo
just checked it seems the tensioner has failed and worked it self loose ,the belt is still intact not snapped,was going 10mph max when engine died, i suspect valves will be bent...

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I replaced the original at 140,000 miles because it was making 159 HP. The folk at Surrey Rolling Road described it a 'leggy' i.e. a bit old. The replacement I used was on an undocumented 60,000 miles at the time, it came from a Mk1 conversion that was a stripped out track car and after some tinkering made 173 HP. The clutch at 140,000 looked fine as well. Now I just change the belt every couple of years plus dephaser and run it with top qual oil.
and
Both impressive mileage!

Original engine, what have you had to do?

Clio 172 turbo
Both impressive mileage!

Original engine, what have you had to do?

mines on original engine with 182 perfomance downpipe manifold( hard work to fit), on the 2nd gearbox as original one blew up, full coilover kit ,all suspension components changed, desphaser, headgasket,stem seals, full exhaust, decat, samco coolant hoses, new brake calipers & lines, list goes on , when i rebuild it it will join the 200,000 mileage club