ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio ph1 172 standard or induction?

clio 172
i have the standard round shaped air box with the oe cone filter element,its due a change should i go for a induction kit or is there a performance filter for the oe air box?

I've used a green cotton filter for the last 3 years.

Don't think it gives anything other than a deeper roar to be honest.

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Just change the filter, I had an induction kit and it did feck all really. Just replaced standard filter with a pipercross one in the end.

Sy

clio 172
yeah just had a look on there couldnt see a ITG filter for the ph1 172 though,my mate works at pipper x and thay do a replacement element but are thay any good? also thay do cold air feeds but only 50mm 65mm 75mm and 100mm,what size should i go for? thanks again.

Audi TT 225
Ive not tried a piper, Ive heard theres little difference between em, down to preference really.

I got CAF's from green much cheeper, 65 would be best bet I think its two 60mm's on the airbox.

clio 172
OK RICH THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP,MY MATES GOING TO SOURCE ME A FILTER AND CAF,WHERES THE BEST ROUTE TO RUN THE CAFS AND DO I NEED 2 CAFS STIL? CHEERS

i got a k&n 57i cone in the standard air box . works fine and sounds good too had it for a while now .

Audi TT 225
As it happens....

The airbox with new filter and the hose etc
airboxmod1.gif

Remove the airbox, original CAF's (they're bolted on at the bottom so take
off the arch liner to get to the bolt) feed in the new hoses.

airboxmod2.gif

airboxmod3.gif

Refit everything and enjoy.

airboxmod4.gif

Route the hoses down behind the bumper / arch liner where ever you see fit, the lower the better but not so low it sucks up spray/dirt/dust from the road and not hanging out the bottom of the engine bay lol

ph1 172 Black
Cheers Rich. That more than explain it for me. What size are the hoses for the cafs that you use and where did you get them from?

Audi TT 225
I used 70's but they're too big so 60 would be spot on I think. They're made by Green, same people that do the green cotton filters, about £13 iirc, should be able to find em on demon tweeks or various other sites. Cant remember where I ordered em from now

It was a meter long so I streched it out and cut it in half, no need to buy 2 of em ;)

02' PH1 172
perfect... just the guide i needed.
gonna try find a filter next weekend and get it fitted. Only really have a choice of k&n filters here tho, the cloth and mesh type, we dont really get the foam type filter you have in that pic.. is that a bad thing??