ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio PH1 'V' reg grande 1149cc clutch......

RenaultSport clio 182 Cup
Hi guys,

Just a quick query as I'm useless with car mechanics.

Recently purchased the car, the bite point is quite high an it's sometimes difficult to get into 1st and 2nd gear. Is this a sign the clutch is due for replacing?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Ben

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
clutch bite is high as standard, struggling to get into gear is most likely a worn engine mount, my guess being the lower one (do you have loads of movement in the gearstick when coming on and off throttle?)

2007 clio dynamique
I have a 2007 mk3 and i find it hard to get into reverse , i have movement in the gearstick when letting of the throttle could this also be a worn mount ?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

RenaultSport clio 182 Cup
Yeh there is quite a bit of movement in the gearstick when coming off the throttle in 2nd and 4th. Easy to sort myself?

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
the bolts attaching my lower gearbox mount (dogbone) mount were loose on my car which is identical to yours and sorted out the shaking and shudders in 1st gear, and the selection issues. I just nipped them up and its been fine ever since. Was easy to get to with the car jacked up :)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I have a 2007 mk3 and i find it hard to get into reverse , i have movement in the gearstick when letting of the throttle could this also be a worn mount ?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
My brother learns in a MK3 which is brand new and apparently he has to really slam it to get it into reverse :S

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If it is a clutch, its no big deal.

We've just done one under warranty and it cost us £130 inc parts and labour.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
From memory the clucth kit was £48 or something equally rediculous! lol.